Search

PSV & Royal Pavilion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 04:40 AM
Nina

PSV & Royal Pavilion

Just got back on Sunday from PSV and Royal Pavilion. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 05:07 AM
Penny

Hi Nina:We have been thinking about going to PSV and Royal Pavilion.How are the beaches in both locations.How was your small plane trip? What room did you stay in at PSV? I have read Scubamoms great trip report, and numerous comments on this forum. Thanks!

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 07:27 AM
Jeff

Nina-- <BR> <BR>I am interested in your general impressions of PSV, especially if you could compare it other places you have been in "the islands". <BR> <BR>Where is Royal Pavilion? I am not familiar with it. <BR> <BR>Thanks-- <BR> <BR>Jeff

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 07:52 AM
Penny

The Royal Pavilion is in Barbados,the sister hotel is Glitter Bay. It order to get to PSV one of the gateways is Barbados. It is a long trip,even when you can fly non stop from the New York area.We thought we would stay a few days in both places.

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 09:44 AM
Nina

Penny/Jeff: I have to be honest I did a lot of research on PSV before I decided to book it in december. I really thought me and my husband we just love it and not want to leave, but after the 3rd or 4th day we were ready to go. It wasn't that we didn't like it, it was a little to low key for us. It really is an amazing resort with friendly and helpful staff. If you don't like bugs and need a nightlife and air conditioning then this isn't for you. I didn't think I would miss the air conditioning but I did big time. It's probably not as hot in the winter months but boy was it hot this month. I probably would go back but for only 3 or 4 days in the winter months. The beaches/food/drinks, were just ok, nothing great, but that's just me. Some meals were better than others. Let me know if i didn't answer any questions. Nina

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 04:23 AM
Penny

How was the beach at the Royal Pavilion? Was it rocky?Was it busy?Were there beach vendors?Did you like the hotel. I have been to Barbados but not in quite a few years. Did you enjoy your stay? <BR>

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 04:43 AM
Nina

Penny: The beach was really nice (not rocky at all), the only thing was because of the time of year there was a lot of people there with families. If you were not on the beach early then you couldn't find a chair. Beach vendors did come up to us, they were really nice and after you said your weren't interested they left you alone. This guy from my work was there in June and had no problems, he said it was really quiet and he always found chairs no matter what time it was, so it just depends when you go. Next trip I would go back in May or June. My husband and I loved the hotel I really wished we had more time there. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would really go back in a heart beat!! We had a wonderful time. If you have any more questions, please feel free to e-mail me directly. Nina

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 10:43 AM
Louis

For Penny--We returned from 7 nights at PSV on July 29th. We were on the bluff about 50 feet above the Atlantic with wonderful ocean sounds and lovely breezes in cottage 5. We would also choose 3 & 4. For our tastes this is the kind of island, weather, and outlook we love. Scubamom's report is very accurate except I would not agree that the snokeling was up to her claims. Recent storm surges have silted the coral at the west end and there is limited sea life now. While the snokeling is best on the Atlantic side, some would not like the surge in the water. Also, you really need to swim out to the reef about 1/2 to 3/4 mile out. They will take you outside the reef in a boat and follow along, that is the best snokeling available. We had no bug problem and did not use insect repellent, the food of good, service excellent and our cottage was pleasure based on space, comfort and more important, its location an seclusion. PSV is the type of place for people that also enjoy places such as Guana Island and Meridian Club. We cannot help with Barbados as this is not our type of island so we just transfered through the airport both ways. We would have gone by way of St. Vincent but it was less expensive by way of Barbados from San Juan. We stayed over night in San Jaun both ways. If you seek diversions and outside activities places at Barbados may be more to your liking. Also, from the air Barbados look to have more sandy bottoms in the water than you will find at PSV. There is Palm Island as another altenative. It is under new ownership and is being converted into an all inclusive up-scale destination. We have not been there since 1992. This does have nice sandy bottoms in the water in front of the cottages. If you have very specific questions contact us direct.

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 07:45 PM
Peggy

Nina, <BR>Just out of curiosity, which cottage were you in? We also had cottage 5 & wondered if the cottages on the beach received less breeze or had an insect problem with all the overhanging & close vegetation. We also loved the privacy & seclusion of PSV. But it is very low key & would appeal to those looking for that environment.