Provo sailing, kayaking and scuba

Apr 28th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

Provo sailing, kayaking and scuba

We are finishing up some of the plans for our mid June vacation to Provo. We are three adults--husband, myself, grandma and two teen boys, 14 and 17. We are renting Pelican's nest #1 from TC Safari June 17 for one week. Both teens and my husband and I are certified divers and are interested in one/two 1/2 day dives, sailing and sea kayaking. Are single hull sail boats available for a crewed charter for one day--I see a lot in the way of catamarans, but nothing that is single hull that we could have for just the five of us and a skipper/small crew skipper for a day. Also without having rentals associated with a hotel or condo can we rent sea kayaks to rent by the day or for several days to take out by ourselves? We are all getting excited as the date gets closer. Also my son will be turning 17 on our first full day. I am wondering about ordering a birthday cake from the IGA-- or ordering a beautiful desert with dinner--does the IGA have a bakery that can accomodate this--or suggest the right restaurant... Thanks in advance for all of the help!
Apr 28th, 2009, 11:18 AM

there is a small kiosk at Ocean Club East that rents kayaks and other things, such as hobie cats.

SailProvo and Caicos Dream Tours do private charters, either 1/2 or full day.

Sun&Fun also rents small skiffs and boats.

Pelican Nest is gorgeous!
Apr 29th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, Blamona. Where is Ocean Club East? Do you know if either SailProvo or Caicos Dream Tours has the single hull sailboats?
Apr 29th, 2009, 04:42 AM

Ocean Club East is the second to closest resort to Pelican Nest.

They do not have single hull sailboats, they are catamarans.

I really can't remember any single hull sailboats there from anyone--the waters are usually calm and unusually shallow, so not the kind of place to trully sail. For that kind of sailing, Virgin Islands and Abacos in the Bahamas where made for that.

I could be wrong, but in all of my years going there, the boats are either catamrans, skiffs, or power boats.

The reason for this is T&C is surrounded by reefs, and inside the reefs is fairly shallow, outside the reefs there is nowhere to go but open waters.
Apr 29th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Original Poster

Got it. Thank you. We are really looking forward to this trip and want to do all of the planning for it to be great. Again, thank you!