Reload this Page >

Pool hopping? at resorts?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 07:30 AM
T Patton

We are staying at a hotel w/o big gorgeous pool area, we are going to see the beach and snorkel, but I'm thinking that the kids (3,7 & 10) would enjoy splashing in one of those 'other' pools. Does anyone have info about how the hotels handle this (can we even get in) or do any of the resorts ofer daily passes(?) Advice, please and thank-you.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 05:29 AM
Ed

You don't say where you are going, but I know that some of the big resorts, like Grand Lido, etc, do offer day passes so that you can use the facilities and have lunch. Now you would have to check with them first, and remember that some do not allow kids under 16. Also be aware that some like Hedonism are nude places. Prices I have seen are about $75US a day for a pass. This is for the resorts in Jamaica do not know about other islands.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 08:55 AM
anon

If your kids want a pool then why aren't you staying at a resort with a pool???

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Lyn

In my experience children usually enjoy the pool just as much as the beach, running back and forth between them. So, I'd say definitely spring for the resort with the pool as it will be difficult toting three kids around in search of one.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 01:29 PM
ohliz

I'd say it depends on the beach. We stay in Negril at hotels without pools but the beach is right there and the water is calm, clear and shallow, no drop-offs. It is a lot like a pool most days.<BR><BR>Between that and the sand, and maybe a floaty toy (raft, whatever) or two, they don't seem to miss it, at least they haven't asked us to pick a hotel with a pool yet.<BR><BR>(we've done this when they were 3 and 6 and 4 and 7 and they do like pools, just don't seem to care in Negril)<BR><BR>In Negril, many hotels will let you use their pool, esp if you are willing to buy a drink at their bar or a meal at their restaurant.<BR><BR Liz

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:03 AM
Tpatton

We are going to TCI, Provo-staying at Comfort Suites, they have a pool, but it's not fancy. Plan on walking the beach alot looking for new places to snorkel and maybe visit other pools. Good idea about having lunch or a drink where we use the pool, thank-you.

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 05:56 AM
Jeremy

if you want great pools or certain amenities you should pay the rate at those spots. the people who are paying the rate to enjoy the property shouldn't have to put up with a bunch of freeloaders fighting for chairs and space with those who are too cheap to pay for it. The signs guests only are there for a reason.

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Allison C.

I would say this might be a good idea for a single person or maybe a couple, but you have 3 children and you want to do this? If you are allowed in on a day pass (which costs around $50 minimum per person)don't let any of the resort guests know you aren't staying there. No one wants to deal with 3 more children splashing around...the one's staying there are enough for most people.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 06:37 AM
tpatton

hey, didn't mean to 'step' on anyones toes, ouch, I tried to book into the resorts, but w/5 we are limited to either a 3bdrm or have to book 2 rooms, $$$$$$$$$ ouch, ouch, oh well, that's my sob story and it was just an idea anyway (bad), and we wouldn't be parking anywhere we'd just be 'hopping', but I forgot about the signs and the kids can read (oops!)oh well, I'll keep looking