Search

Pompano Beach or The Reefs

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pompano Beach or The Reefs

Hi,
Would like some info as to wether to stay at The Reefs or Pompano.
Were in our late forties and would like a resort without alot of kids, (we do love children, but not on this vacation).
We would like to go in April.
An ocean view is whats important to me and great food is important to my husband.
Which is closer to transportation and Hamilton?
Thanks!
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 04:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hi Donna,
I have stayed at the Reefs 3 times over the last 7 years. It is a lovely resort with very good food. We brought our children and so did my brother, BUT we had the only children at the resort for the entire week there. It is more couple oriented and not really honeymooners either. Lots of anniversary couples celebrating 5, 10, 20, etc... I would say the age range is from mid thirties to mid sixties average at the resort. Everyone left the kids at home . (except us of course). They ask if you bring children, that you dine at 6:30. I think this way you are out of the dining room by 7:30 when most people dine. This was perfect for us.
I think you would be very happy there. Down the street a short ways (you could walk) is the Fairmont Southampton hotel, King Henry the 8ths which is a restaurant but also was a club that had entertainment, and next door is the old Sonesta hotel (not sure what it is now). You can take a bus to Hamilton at the top of the driveway from the Reefs. It costs very cheap and is VERY safe. I rode by myself with two small daughters and never thought twice about it. It is an easy and inexpensive way to travel in Bermuda.
I don't know anything about Pompano, because I have never been there. I believe you can do a dine around with the Reefs and go to different hotels like Pompano for dinner.
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 03:58 AM

My husbamd and I honeymooned at the Pompano Beach Club in 2002. Absolutely fabulous place! Since 2002 it has undergone renovations so it should be even better! Pompano will provide you with beautiful sunsets if that is important to you (weather cooperating ofcourse). We did not see many children at this place and April should have fairly nice weather. The ocean view at the Pompano is stunning. The outside dining terrace is an absolute treat. Did you see it on their website? www.pompanobeachclub.com We did have lunch at the Reefs and that place was really nice too! You can't go wrong at either place. Enjoy!
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 05:26 AM

Jumping in: Is there any good snorkeling off either of those properties?
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 08:17 AM

My husband and I are staying at the Pompano Beach Club in June for our anniversary. I have read and heard wonderful things about this hotel. Can't wait to go!
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 06:20 PM

The Reefs are very tranquil and the cottages are set along limestone cliffs above a private beach. The Windy Brae rooms have very nice views and are a little more private. There are three wonderful restaurants and your husband would not be required to wear a jacket and tie.
Poss, the best snorkeling is in Church Bay which is to the west of The Reefs hotel. You'll find many colorful fish such as parrotfish there.