please HELP w/ Turks&Caicos

Jan 14th, 2004, 08:57 PM
swybs

please HELP w/ Turks&Caicos

Okay, I have always helped people on this site--and I admit, have been helped before many more times over from this great site--Thanks Fodors.

I need help--and big time. My close friend is getting married on 4.24.04 at Beaches in Turks & Caicos. Because I am recently married and we are in the process of closing on our house, times are very, very tough (money, honey--none of it). Needless to say, I was surprised to find out how high the daily rates for Beaches actually were ($350 US each person, each night for all inclusive, the only option). I have approx. 8-10 other friends who want to attend but are afraid of the costs (but could be swayed by, perhaps, a condo or lesser non-inclusive very close to Beaches).

Because my wife is a teacher, we can only fly out (any NY or Philly or Neark) the Friday before (8/23/04 or nighttime 8/22/04--but it seems all charter flights are on Saturdays), and can stay up to 10 days but don't want to stay any less than 6 days. As it looks right now, I'm rooked on 450$ or so for airfare, which I can live with. Can anyone tell me if Beaches offers "day bands" for daily all-inclusive? Are there any ways to get a better deal through Beaches (I'm basically saying that I want to pay no more than $230 per night FOR BOTH OF US (okay, heckle me, I'm poor)...Does anyone have any ideas? I have to (and want to) attend this wedding, but I am torn--shoot, I have gone to multiple countries and stayed in 5-star resorts on single trips for the same amount of money it seems I need to lay down for a unplanned trip that wasn't even on my radar.

Also, any general info on Turks & Caicos would be greatly appreciated!!! I LOVE fodors!!!
Please e-mail me ANYTHING regarding Turks and Caicos to [email protected].

How does Kevin Spacey say it in the film..."Pay it forward." A very huge thank you in advance (people ALWAYS come through on this site).BTW, just got back from my 3rd trip to Vienna and my honeymoon from Belize (15 days both jungle, islands, and city), if I may assist anyone with travel help.

please help,
poor in NJ
[email protected]

Jan 15th, 2004, 04:48 AM
cdt

Sibonne Hotel - easy walk to Beaches.
Jan 15th, 2004, 05:33 AM
JMM

Agree with above poster - consider staying at Sibonne - easy walk to Beaches (which does have day passes - sorry but I do not know the cost). If you do not mind taxiing to Beaches and do not mind not being directly on the beach Comfort Suites are very reasonably priced too.
Jan 15th, 2004, 06:29 AM

It maynot be exActly what you want but GWV out of Boston is leaving on Friday mornings and the air fare only on what would be the closest date is $699 leaving on March 19th... So, c heck to see if Apple or any of the charter companies have flights there.
Jan 15th, 2004, 06:44 AM
JMM

swybs: I have emailed you.
Jan 15th, 2004, 06:47 AM
cdt

Or Coral Gardens - condos with kitchens, close to Beaches, pricier than Sibonne, but cheaper than Beaches.

Jan 15th, 2004, 07:41 AM

Now we always stay at Coral Gardens but I think it is out of your price range. Have stayed at Sibonne and it is very nice but not condo units with the exception of one unit. I recommend you look at Villa Oasis which is between Beaches and Coral Gardens. There are two units one a two bedroom and one a four bedroom and since you have 8-10 friends that might work. Beside you have a kitchen so you can save money cooking in. Web site is www.villaoasis.com. There is also Seagate which is directly behind Coral Gardens. Again one, two and three bedroom condos. www.theseagate.com. For good Provo info visit www.wherewhenhow.com and www.adamsnames.tc--click on T&C and links for all sorts of info. There are plenty of good inexpensive places to eat on Provo. Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]
Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:23 PM
swybs

wow, thanks. Unreal--Undisputed, Fodors' message board members are the absolute best. Your answers have made my life that much easier, along with making a soon-to-be groom that much happier, considering some of the people were considering not going because of the higher prices of Beaches. I am going to visit some of the condo sites and may have 1 or 2 more questions but thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I searched and searched and did not come up with nearly 1/4 of these excellent recommendations.

Pat yourselves on the back--I am truly thankful.

any more info (including day trips and things to do) regarding Turks and Caicos is greatly appeciated...([email protected])

Jan 24th, 2004, 09:21 PM

Howard always comes through. He's the island guru.

Search this Thread