COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Beaches in T & C for a day?

Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Beaches in T & C for a day?

After a lot of research, we finally decided to book at the Sands for our December vacation with our 2 young children. However, although most of the reviews are bad, we would still like to check out the Beaches resort while we're there for a possible future vacation. Does anyone know if you can get some sort of pass to Beaches for the day? Does that entitle you to use the facilities as well as the restaurants? Also, would anyone stop us if we just walked on the property & took a look around....we wouldn't try to eat or use the pools or anything. Thanks!
Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 12:49 PM

No offense to you or anyone who has stayed at Beaches and liked it, but I think you are going to take one look at Beaches and be thrilled you are staying at The Sands. (We sure were.)

Sands is on a better stretch of beach, has a great restaurant and beautiful grounds, and is an oasis of quiet.

We were there during low season, and Beaches was crowded and loud and on a less-attractive part of the beach. It gets extremely uneven reviews.

These are only my impressions - others may see it differently.

That having been said, I am sure that if you went to the frontdesk and said you were interested in staying there, someone would give you a propety tour.
Old Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:41 AM

We are also going to the Sands in Dec with our two kids (ages 3yrs and, 4 mos). Does anyone know of a great babysitter we can use for the week? Thanks alot!
Old Nov 6th, 2004, 05:43 AM
TG

If you like mob signs and "Disney-type" hyper activity Beaches is your place. But, if you want a nice, clean and friendly atmosphere with a superb beach location The Sands is your place - we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there last June.
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 04:26 AM

2 yrs ago my wife, then 5 yr old child and I went to Provo for a week. We stayed at Coral Gardens about a 15 min walk down the beach from Beaches. Because the weather was not working out the best towards the end of the week, I thought it would be nice for our daughter to have a "day" at beaches. I phoned beaches 1st and was told the we'd have to go through the front gate in order to register.(understandable) Upon arriving there, the lady at the gate was absolutly the rudest person I've ever encountered anywhere. She made it perfectly clear that there was no way she was going to allow us to enter and that we were not welcome at all. I tried to explain that I had spoken with the front desk and had agreed to pay for the 3 of us
(not sure how much maybe $85 a piece)and that were doing as directed. She did not care and told us to leave immediately. Needless to say our daughter was scared at that point and we just left. Sssooooo........if you do try to do the daypass thing I suggest you call and speak with someone directly in managagement who can make the correct arrangements for your arrival. Then good luck getting past the "security gard" at the front desk. She was a trip to say the least!
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 09:07 AM

i had the same experience at beaches as michaelpl, except there was a man at the gaurdstation. so perhaps they are all trained to be rude...good luck. you will love provo. the best entertainment on the island is the snorkeling at coral gardens anyway. you didn't mention kids ages but if they're old enough try the conch farm for an excursion. maybe you can able to get a day pass into club med