Please help plan my dinners on Anguilla

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! We are going to Cap for 7 nights in May. We do have the 4 dinners included which I feel the beach BBQ, Pimms, in room one night and the West Indies night are all ones I want to experience so I think the included dinners are great. Then for the others, I am looking for great atmosphere, preferably beach of course, by the water, romantic & good food & wine. My husband loves seafood, I do not. I doubt we'll be going back to Anguilla (too many more on my list) so I want to make the most of it but one night or lunch at a funky beach bar is a must also. Can you help?! So many of you have great experience here. And which ones do you recommend we make reservations at? We will rent a car for the week so that is not an issue. Thank you so much for your help!
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 11:28 AM

Hibernia, Altamer, Mango's, Straw Hat, Trattoria. For funky beach bar: Palm Grove, Smitty's, Johnno's. You can get menus for most of them at http://menus.ai
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 11:31 AM

Ahh-the great restaurant debate on Anguilla. As you know lots of choices, too many in fact. My personal favorite for lunch and or dinner is Trattoria Tramonto--great atmosphere, on the beach,love the food, love the Italian wines, bellinis, music, not far from CJ. I also love Mangos it too is on the beach. Funky beach bars-Smokeys,
Johnnos, Qwens, Elodias, Scilly Cay--take your pick. I will be back at CJ and Anguilla soon, can't wait!
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 11:40 AM

Don't forget Blanchard's (my fav) and Olivers...
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I'll try to check them out on the internet. What about reservations prior to getting to the island? Necessary? I hate to be that planned but I suppose we could also change it up once we get there. Now I'm starting to get excited....after all the exercising & dieting I'll be hungary!!
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 04:02 PM

I usually make reservations for the first night we get there-then I make the others according to my time, and days the restaurants are open. Cj has the BBQ on Friday nights, the West Indies buffet on Monday so plan accordingly. I think Pimms is closed one night-not sure which one. Mangos is closed on Tuesday, Trattoria on Monday.
Have fun!!!
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 05:49 AM

You Have gotten some excellent recommendations. I second Trattoria. Altamer is very nice. Dumpa and the vibes play on tuesday. The other nights grand piano music. Cove Castles is also excellent as is Blanchards. Mangos has live music on Mon and Thurs. For lunch recommend Le Bar on Shoal Bay Beach East. Excellent salads and grilled food. Also Barrel Stay in Sandy Ground. For night life Pumphouse in Sandy Ground has entertainment Wed thru Sun. So many restaurants so litle time.
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

After spending a little time on the internet checking these places out (I can't wait!The menus are great!) I'd say nice shorts & a polo shirt would be appropriate for men to wear to dinner. Correct? But maybe for Pimms, Blancards (?), Malli & Altamar long pants would be more appropriate? My husband recently strained his back & I am trying to pack as little as possible! Does Cap provide enough Shampoo/lotion/conditioner/dry dryer/bug spray so as not to take our own?
Oh & one more thing, renting a car for the week. Any suggestions? Can you do that at Cap or is there a better/less expensive way?
Thanks again you guys. I appreciate the help so much.
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 08:59 AM

What you are packing is perfect! Cap has all you mentioned-and they will replace as you need. There is always an iron/board, umbrella (oh no, insect spray.

We always use Island Car Rental, get a toyota, concierge will call, they deliver and pick up at the hotel. Cars run about &245/week.
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

Penny,
Thank you. Ahhh, I feel less stressed already. We have a jr suite booked & whatever villa it is in I am sure will be great (no middle room downstairs though!). We requested Villa 12 upstairs. Come on May..