Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Please help me decide: only have 4 nights & $3,000. Can it be done?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 07:26 AM
Jennine

Looking for an all inclusive place for 4 nights for an anniversary celebration. Enjoy upscale properties, but don't need top-of-the-line. Would of course like to get a lot of bang for my buck.<BR>Need to limit ourselves to Western Caribbean since it's a 6 hour flight just to Jamaica.<BR>Am considering the following:<BR>1) Montego Bay<BR>2) Turks & Caicos<BR>3) Grand Cayman (I know we wouldn't be able to do an all inclusive here--this place may be most expensive?)<BR>Have a budget of about $3,000. Can this be done?<BR>Thank you for any response!

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 10:23 AM
Penney

We are looking oursleves and came up with some great prices, especially to Jamaica but in both Ocho and MoBay and did find one in Turks. Email me and I can give you the info.<BR><BR>Penney

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:13 AM
joan

Don't know how you feel about waiting, but if you book within 21 days of arrival, there's a company called Changes in L'Attitudes which will arrange discounted rooms at many Jamaican resort. We used them last year and spent about $2000 for 4 nights at Couples Negril, from Tampa. We definitely got alot of bang for our buck, as you say! You have to telephone for rates, but I like to do that anyway, to make sure there's a real company behind the dot-com name. The URL is:<BR>http://www.lastminutejamaica.com/index.html

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 04:49 AM
tivertonhouse

Celebrate your anniversary at the former Winston Churchill property, DRAMBUIE ESTATE, atop a mountain in a working coconut plantation overlooking Bogue Harbor, the ocean and the MoBay skyline 15 min -- and a world away.<BR>Depending on season, a cottage suite for two at this amazingly private and lush old Jamaican property, breakfast,lunch and dinner to order from the estate's own longtime chef Mr.P, liquour to your preferences, airport transfers, a day exploring with a private guide, a night out at an upmarket restaurant which will send complimentary transport to the estate,an on-staff Swedish masseur, insider's rates at the spa at the Ritz--and quite a few more special indulgences ,including airfare discounts on American and Air Jamaica ,would all fit within your current budget. See DRAMBUIE ESTATE 5 pages,lots of photos,at www.jamaicaescapes.com or e-mail me for additional details, availabilities.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 04:31 PM
Elizabeth

Check out luxurylink.com.<BR><BR> They run auctions on packages at high-end places, which seem to be going for half price. There's one on there now to a place in Puerto Rico where the current bid is under $1500 for 5 days valued at about $2500. Like that.<BR><BR> I have a friend who's done several of these with great satisfaction.