Pink Sands Resort rooms info. needed

Old May 6th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pink Sands Resort rooms info. needed

Would someone please discribe the decor/style of their rooms. Would you consider the rooms luxurious? Are they newly refurbished? Thank you for your input.
Old May 6th, 2004, 10:47 AM

Katiekate - attached is a copy of my trip report from March.
Message: All I can say is WOW!!! I have always wanted to go to Pink Sands, but thought is would be too difficult to get to. We left Connecticut at 6:00 am arrived at Laguardia at 7:00 were checked in and having breakfast at 7:30. US Air Flight left at 8:45 arrived in Nassau at 12:00. The weather in Nassau was cloudy and drizzly. Cleared immigration, grabbed our bags and got into a taxi to take us to Millionare (private airstrip) we were meeting Paul from Take Flight Air Charters. Flew from Nassau to North Eleuthra, about 20 minute flight. Landed in North Eleuthra, took a taxi (about 1 mile) to North Eleuthra dock where we got into a water taxi that took us over to Harbour Island the crossing took about five minutes. Arrived in Harbour Island, the sun was starting to appear, but it was still gloomy. Got into another taxi which drove us up the hill to Pink Sands. A gentleman was waiting outside to greet us and help with our bags. We checked in and were taken in a golf cart to our cottage. We had reserved a one bedroom ocean view, but were upgraded to a two bedroom. All I can say is this is probably the most romantic place we have been so far. The cottage (Andros) was huge. Two extremely large bedrooms probably 20 x 20 and a large living room about 10x20. All decorated with batiks, antiques and furnishings from Bali or maybe Thailand. Lots of pillows, comfortable chairs, a minibar area with a French coffee press, small refrig fully stocked. Both bedrooms were decorated differently. The first bedroom was probably sunrise, yellow faux painted walls, lots of beautiful mirrors, a large desk, 2 comfy chairs and a TV. The other bedroom which we stayed in was sunset, the walls were light purple and one wall was done with orange and yellow, so when you looked at it you felt like you were sitting in the middle of a beautiful evening sunset. There were French doors leading out to the huge stone patio around the cottage overlooking the ocean. The patio had 4 teak loungers with thick cushions, a teak table and 4 chairs. Just delightful. It was now about 3:00pm so we headed for the famous ?blue bar? very close to our cottage for lunch. The view was breathtaking, everything is painted periwinkle blue, as are the umbrellas. We had two cheeseburgers and a couple of drinks and were now relaxed. Went down to the beach, which I must say is probably one of the nicest I have ever seen. It may even be nicer than Maunadays Bay at Cap Juluca. There are wooden loungers with thick cushions at the beach as well. Just delightful. Spent a little while at the beach and went back up to our cottage to unpack and take a nap. The couch in the living room is a daybed (carved wood) with lots of comfy pillows. After our snooze it was time to get ready for dinner. Around 7:00 we headed down to the dining room. It is a little walk down the path towards the reception area. The whole room is decorated again with batiks, carved couches with large fluffy pillows, table cloths and chairs are in batiks. There are candles lit everywhere just beautiful. There is a bar, and a Caribbean band playing. The food was outstanding. The chef is from Northern Italy, and the food all has a little Italian flair to it. The first night I had Tuna for dinner which was outstanding. The meal consists of appetizer, soup, entrée and desert. There are several choices for each except the soup. The menu changes nightly, so you never get bored. Every meal was excellent, there was home made pasta, fish, lobster tails, filet of beef. Breakfast is served in the garden outside the dining room. Also a full menu of choices, all very good. The whole atmosphere is of relaxation and calm. There is no rush to be anywhere at any certain time. The village itself is like New England, lots of cape cod style homes with picked fences, little shops, no real ?shopping? but everyone goes around on golf carts. You could really walk the entire island, it is 3 miles wide by half mile deep. We rented a golf cart and drove to the different hotels on the Island. Pink Sands was the nicest. If you are going with Children, Coral Sands is next on the beach and is in the process of being renovated.
There are lots of beautiful homes along the beach, many of which are for rent. The beach itself is about 3 miles long and great for walking. We also had lunch at The Rock House, a.new hotel on the island which is located in town overlooking the harbour. We both had the spring rolls and lobster club. Excellent. The trip was wonderful and would return again in a heartbeat. It is hard to describe a place like Pink Sands, the staff is very friendly and helpful, there is soft music playing everywhere, lots of charming details everywhere. . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old May 6th, 2004, 10:57 AM
caribtraveler

DianeL: Can I ask why you booked that charter company to get to Eleuthera instead of Continental for example? Was the price just better? We're going to Pink Sands in October. Thanks.

Old May 6th, 2004, 03:36 PM

Because I found a great airfare to Nassau on USAir and never thought to go thru Ft. Lauderdale. Would probably go thru Ft. Lauderdale the next time.
Old May 6th, 2004, 06:14 PM
caribtraveler

Thanks.