Reload this Page >

What would you do? CJ Update

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 05:49 AM
Lou

I've tried numerous times to get this up on the board. I'm trying something here so bear with me.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Lou

Sorry it took me so long to write this but I got caught up with some other things. Anyway, here’s the whole story. We arrived in the early evening on Saturday and from the second we got out of the airport I had a good feeling about this place. Right when we got to the resort we were greeted with smiles all around and a nice rum punch and a hot towel during check in. After my wife and I checked in we were so excited to see our room. The bellboy carried our bags into the room and started to show us around. By the way, we had a luxury room on the second floor of the villa. When we walked into the bedroom the terrace doors were closed. The bellboy walked over to the doors and opened them and when he did that our breaths were taken away because the view from our terrace was just beautiful. The white sand beach and the water are just beautiful and you can also see St. Martin in the distance (I believe it’s only around 6 or 11 miles away). <BR><BR>That night we pretty much just stayed in our room, enjoyed the view and then had dinner at Pimms. We were greeted by the hostess, Wilma, with hugs. She is an absolute delight, she is probably one of the nicest persons I have ever met in my life. After some small talk she showed us to our table and as we sat down we couldn’t believe the view. If you want a romantic setting this is it, ask for a table on the water. The mood was set the service so far was great the only thing left to complete this awesome experience was the food. We were not let down. The food tasted great, my only complaint was that I could have used some larger portions since I have a pretty big appetite (I’m about 6’ and weigh 240 lbs). We had dinner there on two other occasions and each time it just got better. By the way the goat cheese cannelloni is a delicious appetizer.<BR><BR>We also had dinner at George’s on two occasions. On Monday, for the West Indian buffet and then on Friday for the beach bar-b-q. They set up the tables on the beach and had bands performing on each occasion. They had a ton of food and desserts and everything tasted great. My wife never had crayfish before and when she tried it here on the island she couldn’t get enough of it.<BR>

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 05:52 AM
Lou

On Sunday we scheduled an excursion with the resort to Scilly Cay. They take you out for some snorkeling in Little Bay first. This was pretty good we actually got to see a school of squid. Then we went over to Scilly Cay for some great food. There was also a band playing there which made the experience even better. It’s on it’s own island and the place has no electricity so bring cash. If your staying at CJ you can just have them charge it to your room. You have a choice of lobster, crayfish, chicken or a crayfish and chicken combo. They’re all very good. After lunch we all got back on the boat for the final leg of the excursion at Shoal Bay for some more sun and snorkeling. Some people say this is the best beach on the island. I have to say it’s a very nice beach but I think CJ’s is nicer (maybe I’m a bit biased).<BR><BR>We also went on another excursion on Wednesday, which took us to Prickly Pear and then to Little Bay again. I think that Prickly pear probably had the best snorkeling on the island and while we were at Prickly Pear a lunch was cooked for everyone<BR><BR>Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday were pretty much low key days we pretty much spent the day on the beach. Even the service on the beach was good. We were given cold towels, water and fresh sorbets throughout the day. If we wanted any drinks we just needed lower the red flag and they were right there. I’ve read that the beach attendants can be a bit slow but we didn’t have this problem.<BR><BR>In all this was a great experience. I am so glad that we came here and that we cancelled our trip to LDB. There were actually three other couples in CJ that went to LDB the previous week and they all said that the resort and the service here was far better. The entire staff at the resort were all very nice. They always made sure that we were happy and everything was ok. My wife and I really felt pampered. I hope I didn’t bore anyone with this and that you found this to be helpful.<BR><BR>By the way, we also ate dinner at Straw Hat and Mango’s. Both were very good and the portions are bigger than at Pimms but cannot compare to Pimms’ atmosphere. Just my opinion<BR>

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Sandy Feet

<BR>Lou,<BR><BR>I'm so glad you and your wife had a great time. Thank you for your report, and it was not boring!

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 08:46 AM
becca

great report. thanks for taking the time.. : )

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 04:04 AM
penny

Lou, I knew you would have a fantastic honeymoon at CJ! Thanks for posting!<BR>Anguilla and its people make the whole experince!