Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Petit St. Vincent, Hawaii or Bora Bora for our honeymoon, HELP!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 06:32 PM
Addie

My fiance and I have looked at Guana Island, Petit St. Vincent, Hotel Bora Bora as well as Hawaii (Lani or the big island) for our honeymoon in june 2003.<BR><BR>we are looking for good snorkeling with lots to look at, nice airy rooms (out door shower or big soaking tub a bonus) we DO NOT care about having A/C etc- so it can be rather rustic- no phones, tv, no spa, etc etc, <BR>We would also like empty(er) beaches and edible food, no screaming children and fewer guest the better- <BR>any tips to help us narrow things down???

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 04:59 AM
Coconut

Hi - I haven't been to Bora Bora, but Hawaii is soooooo wonderful. I would definitely go there over pretty much anywhere in the Caribbean (and we've been many places in the Caribbean). The Big Island is wonderful, as is Kauai. For what you're looking for, I'd stay away from Maui or Oahu. <BR><BR>If you decide on Hawaii, the Volcano Rainforest Retreat is a hotel near the volcano national park that is so secluded and wonderful. Here is their website: http://www.volcanoretreat.com/<BR><BR>We stayed in one of the lower priced cottages, and it was perfect. The more expensive cottages looked very nice.<BR><BR>Good luck deciding!

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 05:07 AM
Nancy

If it's price-independent, go with PSV (private and awesome), or Bora Bora (pricey but worth it).<BR>If snorkeling is very important, look also at the Presidente Inter-Continental on Cozumel.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 05:21 AM
xxx

No hot soaking tubs, jacuzzis or even outdoor showers at PSV but you will have privacy and nice accomodations. Just hope you don't run into a streak like we did there when the food was less than palatable. I am not alone with that complaint. Also best snorkeling is done in the Tabago Cays via daytrips not in or off the island. Snorkeling much better in the BVI's in and around Guana but different ambience there.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:01 AM
cecelia

If it is really snorkeling and romance you just can't beat Bora Bora. Palm Island or Guana are distant second choices, but you could combine Bora with Hotel Sauvage on Rangi for a real treat.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:49 PM
addie

are there places to get discounts for either PSV or polyensia area?

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 04:34 AM
Nancy

For Bora Bora I would suggest using a travel agent. Most TA's will work with a wholesaler to get you the best possible deal. If time and money allows, also visit Moorea. A honeymoon in French Polynesia is truly paradise. Good luck!

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 09:07 AM
Rich

Greetings. My wife and I went to Moorea and Bora Bora for 10 days during our honeymoon a couple of years ago. If you love to travel, you've gotta do it once! Our over the water bungalow in the lagoon was out of this world. If budget is of concern, Kauai, HI. is awesome and very romantic. We used Carlson Wagonlit Travel and were very satisfied with their service. Enjoy!