Peter Island food mostly buffet??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 05:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch! I can't believe I've been looking into various aspects of Peter Island for a while-- and just now getting the sense that meals are mainly buffet? We don't mind buffet at lunch, say, or even now and then at dinner or breakfast. But we don't enjoy buffets as a steady diet, especially at dinner. Reminds me too much of Club Med or mass cruise lines. Can anyone tell me whether in early December all the dining venues are likely to be open and whether we'd be having served food at most meals? I'd telephone reservations, but I'm not sure I'd trust the answer. (I've asked several other questions for which I've gotten misinformation.) Thanks very much.
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 05:25 PM

Peter Island has a breakfast buffet (with omlettes to order) and/or you can order off the menu.

It has a huge salad bar for lunch, and/or you can order off the menu.

For dinner, it is order off the menu for both restaurants other than Saturdays big buffet at Tradewinds (a great buffet) and the "West Indian" Monday night buffet at the beachside restaurant with a steel drum band.

We LOVE the West Indian buffet and the Saturday is very popular too. Otherwise, there are menus at every meal.

(Did I mention the wonderful food?)
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Mom: heartening news. (I can't remember where I got the idea that it was all mostly buffet. If that'd been the case, we'd not have been interested.) Now (as you probably remember) all I have to do is figure out which room category!
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:47 AM

ScubaMom; I believe when we went last 2003 (?) there were 1 or 2 more luncheon buffets. That is not my favorite way to eat except for breakfast.
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 08:18 AM

Poss, please don't take this the wrong way andI say this with the best of intentions, do you think you might be overthinking this trip to PI? I know that it's an expensive place and you want it to live up to expectations but it just might not provide all the things you are looking for. Staying somewhere new is a gamble but remember, even if it is not perfect -- it can still be wonderful. You have done a lot of research and due diligence so if you do end up going, enjoy.
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:06 PM

A lot of things have changed at Peter Island since 2003! The menus, an enlarged beachfront grill, etc. Plus the new spa.

The managers cocktail party kicks off the Monday "West Indian Night" - the buffet is wonderful and really one of our favorite evenings at the resort. We are ALWAYS there on Monday!