Search

Peter Island

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 07:16 AM
Chris

Peter Island

We are planning our 10th Anniversary getaway and would love to hear about the resort. Did you stay in one of the beachfront suites? The good and the not so good? How about the food quantity or quality? <BR>Wine, etc... <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 09:03 AM
katie

Go to scubamom.com..she has an excellent seemingly unbiased review of Peter Island..

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 09:15 AM
Not

Not unbiased, she's Peter Island's webmaster.

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 09:42 AM
Karen

But I still find her reports from Peter Island dead right!! Yes, the beachfront is the way to go. Absolutely lucious on a wonderful beach just footsteps from the sand and water! Anxious to see the bath upgrades planned for the Fall! Loved the picnic lunches on White Bay and only ate lunch once or twice in Deadman's Bar. Few years back, on our latest visit, found the service a bit wanting in the Tradewinds but have heard much improved and there has been some changes with the food but hearing it is much improved since returning to a more "caribb-like" menu with some traditional favorites. Buffet is very popular with daytrippers and we wanted to opt to eat at Deadman's that nite but Jean convinced us to give it a try. Nice buffet but they are NOT my thing! Didn't like the a/c compressors outside up close to downstairs rooms beachfront so maybe second floor room would help with that! Loved that the rooms could be opened to the fresh air with screens! And walk right out the French doors to the beach!! Coffee on the boardwalk as the sun rose after a swim was wonderful! Great hiking, good workout room. Tennis pro was good to hit with! One of my all time favs for R&R!! Might want to check www.scubatreks.com for diving stay. (yes, it is Lynn's daughter who has the same frank honesty, good taste and skills as her mom!) We overnite it on Tortola rather than arriving late and arrive in time for breakfast on our first day all rested!!

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 06:09 PM
Jules

We stayed at one of the resorts this summer that "Scubamom" has posted on her site. I was informed by someone that works there that she stayed at the resort at no charge, so be aware that her reports are written from this perspective. Her website, however, is very informative, interesting and has lots of great pic's of the resorts she reports on.

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 07:17 PM
Chris

Thanks for all the info. I have already gone to scubatrecks.com and <BR>it was very informative. <BR>We're just concerned about doing an all inclusive type of vacation. 10 years ago we honeymooned at Club Med Caravelle and although it was great, our taste has matured a bit. My husband is big on food and wine-not into the buffet thing every night. <BR>The other resorts we were considering were Little Dix Bay and in Anguilla- Cap Juluca and Cuisinart. Friends recommended Anguilla because of the great beaches and restaurants. <BR>But Peter Island looks like such a great place. I guess were just scared to go there, find out the food is not so great and then you're stuck for the rest of the week.

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 06:44 AM
Karen

Scubamom (Lynn) and I have corresponded frequently and I do think that she will give you an honest answer and might even compare the food/wine to Biras Creek and Guana Island. Her visits to the BVI are more timely than mine. Altho I used to love LDB, it was the change to Rosewood that sent me scurrying as well the "family friendly" atmosphere including a kids' club and the a/c'ing of the units! I definitely would chose Cap over CuisinArt in fact other than CuisinArt having lovely manicured grounds, I found little to compare - and have to wait til December for my frist visit other than as a day tripper! I certainly think that overall the dining on Anguilla and the choices is certainly a big advantage to Anguilla. But, if it is tropical and more lush, the BVI's is the answer. You know that is exactly what happened to us at PSV. The dinners were awful and we had no where else to go so I understand your reluctance!! Why not email Lynn @ [email protected] and explain your dilemna - altho I don't know that she has ever been to Cap or Anguilla!

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 08:28 AM
cj

To KarenW531-- I'm so curious...I have seen your replies and you seem to be a regular on this site. This is not meant at all as a criticism just curiosity because you seem to be super knowledgable about the Caribbean -- how often do you go, how many islands have you been to, and how do you manage so many trips? (I'm just envious!!!) i wanted to thank you for all your input on my questions and others!