Passport / ID

Jan 16th, 2003, 06:15 AM
lauren

Passport / ID

We will be traveling to Negril (Sandals) March 17th for our honeymoon - We do not have passports... We have birth certificates and (expired photo drivers licenses)... Will this be a problem???
Any advice or suggestions appreciated...

Jan 16th, 2003, 06:27 AM
Jim

Yes, everything needs to be current. I would not even try to use the expired licenses, too save time go get a new licenses.

Jan 16th, 2003, 07:08 AM
x

For Pete's sake ... GET A PASSPORT. You will be glad you did and you still have plenty of time. Everyone should have one. What if you guys want to take advantage of a bargain fare to Paris someday? Plus you are 100% garanteed of no ID hassles on your trip, which is what I would want for my honeymoon. On the other hand, traveling to a foreign country on birth certificates and expired drivers' licenses seems fraught with peril.

Jan 16th, 2003, 12:40 PM
fyi

I am right in line with everyone else. Get the passport. Make sure the passport is issued in the same name as the airline ticket or take your original marriage certificate with you. Airlines will accept valid id only.

Jan 16th, 2003, 03:42 PM
jim

For sure, get a passport. It will eliminate so many problems and questions. A passport is the entry ticket that no one will question or dispute since it carries the certification of the US Government behind it. Not once has our passport been questioned or have we had problems out of the US. ID's and birth certifictes and drivers licenses will work OK but a passport eliminates all problems and questions.