Notices

Ottley question: is property expanding?

Jan 26th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

Ottley question: is property expanding?

We're staying at Ottleys mid-April; looking forward to spending a week in paradise. Someone contacted me noting the following:
"One of the resorts on St. Kitts is having renovations and adding some prefab cottages. I hope it isn't Ottley's".
Can anyone clarify if this is true or false? Thanks....
Jan 26th, 2006, 08:09 AM

It's been a while since I've been on St. Kitts but I seem to recall reading somewhere that Rawlins Plantation is currently undertaking an expansion project. You could call Ottley's just to be sure.
Jan 26th, 2006, 08:15 AM
cw

I agree with Traveller, you should call Ottley's.

Your contact may very well be referring to Rawlins. The new owners were planning to expand, and it was mentioned in one of the government press releases on new development on the island.

cw
Jan 27th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Traveller and cw for your replies. I contacted Ottleys and they are not expanding.
Jan 30th, 2006, 05:47 PM

I just did a hotel inspection of this property and it is certainly the most beautiful resort on the island!

Feb 5th, 2006, 01:18 PM

worry not. It's Rawlins (which was sold last year by the lovely Claire and Paul), not Ottley's... Enjoy!!!!
May 3rd, 2006, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

We stayed at Ottleys for 7 nights (mid-April). The property is exquisite; Royal Palm restaurant and menu outstanding; staff way above par.
During our stay, we stopped at Rawlins and while very nice, we prefer Ottleys. We've been to St. Kitts in the past and didn't bother going into town or beach. If you're looking for complete R&R, Ottleys is an excellent choice. We look forward to returning next April.

Search this Thread