Oppinion Bang for the Buck?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am considering staying at 2 of the following 4 places for my honeymoon, but want to ensure which are the best. Any oppinions:
-Windjammer
-TiKaye Village
-Ladera
-Stonefield Estate
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 12:33 PM

These are all very different types of places and therefore without knowing your preferences it's difficult to judge which will give you the most bang for your buck. The two at the opposite ends of the spectrum are Windjammer and Ladera, in my opinion. One is a large resort on the north end of the island on a beach that caters to families. The other is a boutique hotel on the gorgeous, south end of the island high in the hills with no beach but with incredible views. One gives you air conditioning and other mod cons. The other opens up to nature one side.

The other two are somewhere between those extremes. by all accounts Ti Kaye is a lovely small resort that gets nearly universal raves. Stonefield offers the same vistas as Ladera, but with Stonefield the accommodations are much more basic, albeit with 4 walls instead of just 3.

Tell us more of what you're looking for in a honeymoon and we can better advise you.
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

To be honest I don't know what I'm looking for! It's been an extremely hard process. I would like to go to 2 different places over a 10 day span. I just want a clean updated room, with air conditioning as an option, and good food and drinks. I don't want a family environment, but instead somewhere we can return and rekindle romance over and over for the rest of our lives. Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 03:30 PM

I'm not sure if you are set on St. Lucia, but EJ has given you wise and thoughtful advice.

If you are open to other islands, you might want to look at Montpelier Plantation Inn on Nevis. From what I've read it is a wonderful, pampering honeymoon destination with golf and spa services available at Four Seasons.

Take a look at reviews at tripadvisor.com.

Marion

Old Nov 17th, 2005, 04:23 PM

You might also want to check out the honeymoon board on theknot.com. There are lots of girls who have been to St. Lucia for their honeymoons, and I know that some of them have split their stays between two hotels there. St. Lucia looks beautiful, and I hope to get there within the next few years.
Old Nov 18th, 2005, 05:07 AM

If you're going to split a 10 night stay and if you have the slightest inclination toward nightlife, you should split the stay between the northern and southern parts of the island. Staying in the north near Castries will provide more entertainment and food venues.

While Windjammer does cater to families, it is not an exclusively family resort like Beaches. It's certainly large enough to provide enough romantic areas for the many honeymooners who pass through.

The southern end of the island, basically the Soufriere area, is much more secluded and the wonders there are of a natural variety rather than a manmade variety. The Pitons are so stunning in their beauty that they cannot possibly be overstated. Down here, it is the rainforest tours, the botanical gardens, the snorkeling, the day sails and the hiking that will take up most of your time away from the resort.

Ti Kaye Village is smack dab between the two regions, though its heart beats time with Soufriere moreso than with Castries.

Marion's suggestion of Montpelier on Nevis is an excellent one. Very elegant and refined without being stuffy in the least. Just the very picture of graciousness.
Old Dec 31st, 2005, 05:55 PM

If you want a laid back, more personal experience, I would recommend TiKaye and Stonefield. But, if you want a place with more typical five star service, I would recommend Ladera. It all depends on what you want. I would say that you should split your time in between TiKaye (since it has a beach) and either Ladera or Stonefield (since they are not on the beach). I would not recommend Windjammer because the others are just better properties on the less developed side of the island.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 11:10 AM

Very interested in TiKaye Village after reading all the positive reviews and going to their site, being we will have to switch planes once to get to S.L. wondered how far this resort is from the airport, would appreciate any information from someone who has gone there.Thanks!
Old Jan 5th, 2006, 06:03 AM

Hi Fracine

If you are going to the smaller airport, ie Vigie near Castries Ti Kaye will be about an hours drive. The last 10 minutes are on some very bumpy roads! It is a beautiful resort however and very romantic!