oldies need help

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 12:38 PM
frankie

oldies need help

/going to Puerto Rico in January or early February. Want to combine snorkeling and sightseeing, without car. We are seasoned travellers, elderly,but full of pep.Can anyone give us an idea of where to go, stay,etc? Obviously not interested in night life.\bed and Breakfasts fine.Is a week about right?

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 01:41 PM
fiona

may I suggest that you repost with the heading "oldies need help- Puerto Rico". This should get you more attention. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 01:45 PM
fiona

forgot to say that although you probably highlighted Puerto Rico as Keywords when you were writing your post, unfortunately this does not show up in your post.

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 02:06 PM
xxx

I know the El Conquistador in Farjardo offers transportation to and from hotel from airport for a fee of 54.00 pp. they also offer tours from the hotel. It is quite a ways out though, You more than likely would want to stay in Old San Juan more centrally located. There are many hotels in the area. I am sure most of them offer tours to all of the attractions. Try expedia.com and see if a hotel suites you. Then try and find out if they offer tours from the hotel. Sorry I am not much help. I am staying at the El Conquistador myself in Nov. for a wedding. Good luck.

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 05:01 PM
rqf

Two major tourist attractions are the Rain Forest and Camuy Caves. Tours to both can be booked at most hotels. Old SAn Juan is also a major attraction and if you stay in the SAn Juan area you can get to OSJ by taxi or public transportation. PR snorkling is not the best but snorkling tours can also be arranged for at hotels. Most snorkling tours leave from Fajardo but transportation to Fajardo from San Juan is usually part of the deal. A week would be sufficient. For hotels and other information go to www.travelandsports.com

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 04:01 PM
GM

You're as old as you feel - and you don't sound OLD!

Are you all set on Puerto Rico, tho? If you are, then that's that.

If NOT, can I recommend St. Thomas - Frenchman's Reef Marriott? It's the best; central for sightseeing (can go to the Brit. Virgin Islands for a day - with snorkeling; can do a day trip to St. John - 75% National Park and GORGEOUS), and not far for great duty free shopping. Marriott offers AARP and Senior discounts also. A week is enough.

Hope this helps, and keep that 'pep' up - you're doing great!

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 04:17 PM
carol

had a few days in pr at beginning of september - stayed at At Wind Chimes Inn in Condado - v. pleasant boutique hotel - beach was block or so away - old san juan was a 10 minute bus side for 25 cents - very pleasant staff - lots of tours advertised with pick up from your hotel - didnt do much though because it was 102 degrees! but would definitely recommend that hotel