Search

Ok....need help for 6 couples in Oct.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2006, 04:12 PM
iw
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok....need help for 6 couples in Oct.

I will show my ignorance right now, but I am not even sure that the Bahamas is technically in the Caribbean. Having said that (red-faced), of course....we are all late 30's looking for a Thurs-Mon trip, AI (groan) in Oct. We have all stayed at the Princess, and do not wish to return. Any other AI's, since so many people will be involved in the Bahamas?
Thanks!!
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 08:57 PM
iw
Original Poster

Please, help??????? Has the Princess been knocked down, as DH thinks it has been? I have a bunch of people to consider as they think I am the vacation guru....If you have read my previous posts, I am not!!! grin....Need help. Thanks
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 11:01 AM

You are correct--Bahamas is not technically in the Caribbean but is considered a "Caribbean" vacation site. ALthough I am not a big fan of AI's think you should consider Beaches in the Turks and Caicos which is right below the Bahamas. T&C used to be part of the Bahamas but when the Bahamas got their independnce Turks decided to stay wiht Britian. Where are you flying from ???
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 12:48 PM
iw
Original Poster

Hi, Howard. Thanks for the post. We are flying out of Richmond, VA. The time that we went before, there was a Thursday evening flight and we came back on Monday afternoon. That is all the time that we have, since 3 of us are teachers and only get 2 personal days a year. Bummer! So, it wouldn't be enough time to really explore an island.
I am looking at T&C for our trip in June of '07, but if it is "doable" for that short of a stay, I'd look into it.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 12:50 PM
iw
Original Poster

Oh, and if you noticed the groan, I am not a fan of AI's either, but everyone else is. I like to get out and explore, but with so many folks involved, they think that taking the worry of meals out of the picture would be ideal.
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 01:09 PM

The best way to fly from Richmond is probably via Charlotte. USAir flies daily leaving at about 11:05 AM arriving in Provo at 1:51PM. Return is 2:45PM from Provo arriving Charlotte at 5:31PM. A good source of Provo info is www.wherewhenhow.com the on line magazine of the Turks and Caicos. Delta flies to Provo via Atlanta Spirit flies via Ft Lauderdale which would be the cheapest but you would probably have to go to DC. Recently flew on Spirit and the flight was great but customs and immigration in Ft Lauderdale took 1 Hr 45 Min. Real zoo.
Also check out www.tciforum.com for more Provo info.
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 01:23 PM
iw
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. We usually go out of Raleigh, Charlotte or Dulles. Richmond is ridiculous to fly from!
Do you have any hotel suggestions? I have done some research, but not enough to have an informed opinion. I am still living off the memories from our trip to St. Kitts/Nevis/St. Martin a few weeks back.
Thanks again,
Karen
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 05:22 AM

Are you looking for Hotel suggestions for the Oct trip or June 07. The only AI's on Provo are Beaches and Club Med which I wouldn't recommend. The rest are basically self catering condo suites.
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 05:34 AM
iw
Original Poster

I apologize for being vague. I am thinking ahead to June. I am quite certain that the other people are stuck on the Bahamas for Oct.