Reload this Page >

Ocean Club VS. Pink Sands... Please compare

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2001, 09:47 AM
Jeff

I am looking for a very special place to take my wife for our anniv. (early June) I am interested in a small scale resort which will provide the ultimate in luxury and privacy. Could you please compare the "new" Ocean Club to Pink Sands. <BR>I am interested in knowing how the room amenities/features compare. <BR>Also, how does the beach/pool compare. <BR>Are there any rooms directly on the beach at either place? <BR>Lastly, do either have private pools or jacuzzis? <BR>Thanks. <BR>

Old May 23rd, 2001, 07:28 AM
Jeff

I'm bring this back to the top in hopes someone can compare these two properties for me. <BR>Thanks.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 07:21 PM
tweedy

Jeff, both resorts are very nice and cater to a bit more upscale and laid back guests. <BR> <BR>Pink Sands, I think would get my vote for this trip, since it is on Harbour Island which is very small and laid back and quaint. Paradise Island is a lot more touristy and busy. <BR> <BR>Pink Sands, has a very nice restaurant, beach restaurant/bar. The pool area, is nicely done, and close to the restaurant. I don't think there are any private pools, but you might check on that one. <BR> <BR>There are several nice resaturants on island and an excellent dive shop on island for some fun trips to some of the smaller cays. <BR> <BR>The trip over is also romantic, fly into Nassau and take the Fast Ferry over and then take the flight back so you can see the island from the sea and air. <BR> <BR>I think you will be happy with either resort, but for sheer laid back and beautiful accomodations, my vote goes to Pink Sands. <BR> <BR>Let me know if you have any other questions on Harbour Island. <BR> <BR>tweedy

Old May 24th, 2001, 04:00 AM
Jeff

Thanks Tweedy for your comfirmation of Pink Sands. Just wondering if you stayed at Ocean Club since their renovation?

Old May 24th, 2001, 08:21 PM
tweedy

Jeff we don't usually stay on PI when in the Bahamas, we stay at the Marriott on Cable Beach usually for a night or so and then head on over to Harbour Island. Staying at the Marriott is a bit closer to the airport. But now with the Ferry, we just might try PI. <BR> <BR>I have been over to the Ocean Club, but not stayed there and it is beautiful, but I prefer the quiet and beach on Harbour Island. <BR> <BR>Pink Sands is wonderful and I know they will make you feel right at home. If you need any more info on Harbour Island, just let me know. Oh and say HI to everyone on island for me. <BR> <BR>tweedy

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 09:21 AM
Bonnie

I think the Ocean Club is in the top 10 classy beach resorts. On the ocean on PI, far enough from the crowds. Very elegant, very expensive, very chic & quiet. Most beautiful gardens, pool, very cool restaurants - overlooking beach and in an interior courtyard. For the "beautiful people" -- not a pool slide in sight for kids. Amazing place for wedding. Lovely for special anniversary. Gorgeous renovated golf course next door with full Atlantis privileges. It's where I want to go when I am elegant and wealthy enough.

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 05:09 PM
Lisa

I just returned from the Ocean Club and absolutely agree with everything that Bonnie said. We celebrated our anniversary there and it was VERY romantic! The Ocean Club is very secluded and we loved it so much that we only left to dine out. We also ate at their Dune restaurant which was very good and enjoyed room service on our private balcony with a beautiful ocean view. The service is exceptional! <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 05:13 PM
Lisa

Jeff <BR> <BR>Here is more detailed information about the Ocean Club that I posted earlier for someone else. <BR> <BR>I just came back from the Ocean Club a few days ago. I did not stay there for my honeymoon, but I did mention that I was there celebrating my anniversary. We were sent a complimentary bottle of champagne to our room to help us celebrate. <BR> <BR>Also, every room has fresh fruit delivered upon arrival and champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries are delivered every afternoon. <BR> <BR>Each room comes along with a butler who will arrange excursions, unpack your clothes, iron, and help in any way he can. The service throughout the resort is truly exceptional. <BR> <BR>Are you considering the Hartford Wing or the Cresent Wing? The Cresent Wing is newer and the rooms are BEAUTIFUL! VERY ROMANTIC! If you go during off season the Cresent Wing is more affordable, in season, however, the new wing is VERY expensive. <BR> <BR>We had a standard ocean view room in the new wing and it was really incredible. The ocean view is stunning and the balcony has a chaise with very comfy chairs and a table. We had breakfast out on our balcony one morning and it was very peaceful and romantic. <BR> <BR>When the butler provides turndown service in the evening, he puts out robes and slippers, complimentary bottles of water on each nightstand, and a small box of Godiva chocolates for each person. I am not sure if this is also done in the Hartford wing, but it probably is. <BR> <BR>The rooms in the Cresent Wing also have a large screen tv, dvd player, and a digital radio. <BR> <BR>We had a fabulous time and would love to go back again one day. If you have any other questions please let me know. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 07:31 AM
Paul

I've never been to the Ocean Club though it sounds very nice. What I can tell you is that my wife and I celebrated our 10th at Pink Sands and absolutly LOVED it. Very romantic, private and unique. I highly recommned a 3-5 night stay there. We loved the cottage "Glass Windows".(though there was no hot tub, it was 30 seconds from the beach)