Tourscan and Luxurylink questions

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 10:42 AM
Cissy

Tourscan and Luxurylink questions

I have just recently discovered both of these websites and must say they're quite fascinating! I'm interested in knowing about any personal experiences any of you have had. Has anyone out there used these to booked caribbean vacations? Some of the deals, especially on Luxurylink, sound almost too good to be true. Is there a "catch" that I'm not finding in the fine print?

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 11:09 AM
Lara

Luxurylink has all the fine print displayed above the area where you bid. The only "catches" in most cases is that there are expiration dates, blackout dates, and you are relegated to a certain room type.

Also, it is your responsibility to book the trip with the provider and, as with any hotel booking, there is no guarantee that there will be rooms available on the dates you want to travel.

We bought a trip on Luxurylink and had no problems.

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 12:36 PM
Karen

I have used luxurylink and have had great success ... but make sure you check the prices and the packages because some of them start at the same price you pay if you book directly! For example, I was really ready to jump on the Cap Juluca one lately and found out that I can do it a little differently and for less money for the same number of days and reserve the days I want. Luxurylink is "subject to availability" and if you are not flexible you might run into a problem with the dates.
Tourscan I had checked out briefly but haven't tried anything yet. But, prices don't come out until the start of the season. For winter, they won't be out until December. Looks like you have to get the newsletter but they do have some "super specials" for now listed that look pretty good!

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 11:10 PM
Will

I have used Tourscan twice with good results both times. They are definately worth talking to.

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 10:36 AM
Kathy

I just recently returned from a luxurylink trip to Guana Island in the BVI. It was wonderful and I would not hesitate to do another trip through them. There was one couple there that were on their 6th trip and have had only good things to say about all of them. Just be sure you check prices and go for it.