Reload this Page >

Ocean Club Bahamas OR Cap Juluca

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 04:18 AM
Angela

Hi Everyone<BR><BR>I'm still trying to organise my honeymoon! We have decided on a week at Cap Juluca because it sounds absolutely womderful. We are thinking of spending another week in Ocean Club Bahamas? I have done a lot of research on this site and it sounds wonderful. Are there many good restaurants close by? Would you rate it on par with Cap Juluca? Any and all comments are appreciated, especially from people who have stayed there recently.<BR><BR>Many thanks<BR><BR>Angela

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 12:57 PM
Scroll

Here it is Angela. No responses to it though.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 03:54 PM
Robyn

Angela: I have been to Ocean Club, I have also been to Anguilla (not CJ). Ocean Club is a very upscale resort but with little personality, just like most of Paradise Island. You won't be disappointed in the quality of the hotel or its cuisine but it's not exotic. There are quite a few excellent restaurants in Nassau and Paradise Island (you would need taxi or rental car to get to them, unless you go to Atlantis, via the free shuttle, but be warned, the restaurants at Atlantis offer little ambience.) After the quietness of Anguilla, Nassau/Paradise Island will offer a lot more action.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 07:46 AM
michaele

My husband and I stayed at the Ocean Club last April. It is a beautiful but very expensive resort. The food is good but pricey. Service is impecible. We did eat at some wonderful restaurants in town and the steak house in atlantis which was pretty good but that'.s all I can say good about Atlantis. It is the disneyworld of the caribbean. I would not even take my children there. Extremely crowded, bad attitudes, terrible service and no class! I do recommend highly going to the Ocean Club but just be prepared to spend a small fortune.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 09:32 AM
jamie

Ocean Club is expensive...and Cap Juluca is what, the EconoLodge of the Caribbean?<BR>One of the reasons expensive places appeal to us is that the atmosphere is usually more quiet and refined. Partly because fewer people can afford to stay there.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 04:56 PM
Ellen

Cap Juluca is a perfect place for a honeymoon. Very very romantic with excellent service and food. All the food on Anguilla is excellent! Been to Bahamas, not Ocean Club, but IMO, the Bahamas doesn't even come close to the atomosphere on Anguilla, especially at Cap Juluca.