November in Caribbean

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2008, 07:15 AM
SS7
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
November in Caribbean

Hi,

I have a week in November end to visit the Caribbeans. Can you recommend which island (s) would you recommend for a week / 4 days? I will be traveling from NYC.

Thanks!
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 08:26 AM

You might want to check out Culebra. There are direct flights to San Juan from NY. More info. can be found at http://culebrablog.com .

Old Sep 28th, 2008, 05:59 AM

Are you interested in the most direct flights? What would you consider your criteria for a Caribbean island vacation? There are many terrific places accessible from NYC, but they can vary greatly in style, amenities etc.
Old Sep 28th, 2008, 11:53 AM

What about ARUBA, CURACAO and Sint Maarten?? Those are very nice caribbean islands!
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 08:43 AM

What island you visit depends on what exactly you'd like to do and see while on your trip. Destinations vary greatly. If you count the Bahamas chain there are over 800 different islands and 1,000's of hotels/resorts to choose from. Without knownig more about YOU and what YOU LIKE it's virtually impossible to tell you where to go.

For starters I suggest you use the "Destinations" link at the top of this page. Click through to the "Caribbean Section" and rewad the summary descriptions of each island to find out which ones appeal to your senses. Once you narrow the choice to 2 or 3 islands it will be easier to select "your perfect island".
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 10:53 AM

In Nov. the Bahamas can be chilly even in the Turks with 75 high temps in late Nov.
Curacao is a lovely island with a very good chance of 80+ degree temps every day. The windy season there from our 3 trips and info from locals is late Aug. until the end of Oct. or first week of Nov. With a car you have a selection of 8-9 very good restaurants as long as you avoid Ft. Nassau and Portofino at the Marriott though the hotel is quite nice. It is not honky tonk like Aruba and Curacao offers excellent off the beach snorkeling on the WEST END of the island (check-out the Curacao thread for details, if interested). St. Martin is not my favorite island for we found only 4-5 good restaurants and no snorkeling though there are some very nice beaches at several hotels or just along the roadways. The incentive of St. Martin being a great duty-free port we thing is grossly overstated. Yes, liquor at the airport like in St. Thomas and elsewhere is 30%-40% less but who wants to carry it home to save a few dollars after spending several thousand on a vacation but many people seem to do it for some reason. Some linen products are far less but that is about it and Curacao has similar prices on linen as I recall.