Search

NORTHWEST POINT RESORT

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NORTHWEST POINT RESORT

I am curious if anyone has stayed here recently. My husband and I are thinking of staying here in January 2008. We are aware there is no restaurant on site, but we like the idea of peace and quiet. Can anyone give us their reviews of the resort and how you booked it. I have used VRBO for other places in the past, and there are a couple of condo's listed there, but I was curious how most people book these condos.
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 02:55 PM

The draw of the Turks & Caicos (Provo)is Grace Bay beach.You may regret staying out at Northwest Point.You can get privacy at the Grace Bay condos too.
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 05:05 PM

i have thought about staying at northwest point. i like the seclusion but it is a long ride to everything. grace bay beach is becoming more and more crowded as the construction of big hotels continues so may be a good option?
not having the restaurant would make it a bit less appealing. is there some chance it will reopen by jan 08?
the iga grocery is a very good store but approx a 35 min drive.
here's a link to tripadvisor reviews of property: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...nd_Caicos.html

and here is a link to a provo map. nwp is on the upper right side of the map: http://www.aquamarinebeachhouses.com/map.htm
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 10:11 AM

We visited the property last summer and its quite a drive out to the resort. I personally wouldn't stay there as I did not like the beach area. It isn't comparable to Grace Bay and for me that was the point of going to Provo. I'm sure you can find a place on Grace Bay that will accomodate your needs if you don't choose NWPoint.

While we had some construction a ways down the beach from us at RWI it didn't bother us at all and I'm one that likes peace and quiet.

Old Mar 29th, 2007, 12:49 PM

I have to second what beachgirl247 says. My opinion, but it's on the worst beach in Provo-to me defeats the purpose. The beach is very grassy there, and when it's wavy, prone to much seaweed. There are plenty of areas for peace and quiet, with better views, still on VRBO. (and on better roads!) Some long term people live out there.

Check out villas located at Turtle Tail, Taylor Bay, or Sapadilla Bay. Trust me, you'll get peace and quiet.