Search

New Years eve 2006

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Years eve 2006

My best friend and I (single, female, mid-30's) are looking to go to the Caribbean during the NYE weekend and need suggestions. We want a nice beach, good food and drink, some water sports, and a night life. We have already been to Aruba, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, and Ambergris Caye, Belize, w/ Belize being our favorite. Any suggestions?
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 09:32 AM

Highly recommend Aruba for NYE. Have been there last three years straight however not this year. Just time to find something new. Love it! The arubians definitely know how to bring in the New Year. It's also very crowded this time of year on Palm Beach but you can afford that by staying at Eagle Beach. They do fireworks for three days. Our anniversary is on NYE - we went three years ago and loved it so much we had to keep going back. Each year, we have booked the Moringstar Sailboat for dinner. It's incredible to be out on the water to watch the fireworks - and they are great cooks and company. Midnight swim anyone!
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 03:19 PM

pedrolover,
I am searching for that last minute trip for NYE as well. I am thinking about Belize, but have never been. Would love some suggestions for a few friends (girls and guys all in 30's)I was looking at getting to the BVI but flights are impossible, may end up renting a boat in the Abaco's but Belize is intriguing.

Thanks.
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Bert710: I LOVE Belize. i have been there twice and it a great place to vacation for a lot of reasons: friendly locals, good food (cerviche, seafood), the national beer (belikin), english is the primary language, easy exchange rate (2 Belizian for 1 american), great snorkeling and diving,mayan ruins for history buffs, and just a general laid-back vibe.

I have stayed twice at Ambergris Caye/city of San Pedro, which has good food and a night life (Big Daddy's for live music/some dancing, Jaguar Temple for dancing club-style) and is easy to arrange day tours for sight-seeing and water sports. Check out w.ambergriscaye.com If you stay there, I recommend to stay close to downtown if you want to be close to the city, further away at one of the newer resorts if you want more solitude/romantic getaway.

I don't recommend Belize City, as we found nothing to do there. Xunantunich
has great mayan ruins and san ignacio has rain forest type setting

good luck!
Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 04:35 PM
miz

What about a destination for New Years Eve for a single middle age female travelling solo. Somewhere safe but fun.