Search

New Resort?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 2001, 05:04 PM
Troy

New Resort?

What is the word on Trelawy Starfish Resort operated under Super Clubs? I am new to all this and ran across what seems to be a can't miss deal with Trelawy's reopening. Any comments would be of great interest to me.

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 03:45 AM
me

call 1-800-GO-SUPER<BR>as part of the superclubs now, they have updated info on how the renovations are going. Called them the other day, they said it was going to be beautiful! 1 pool now is 3, have 5 rests to choose from, rooms have hair dryers, irons/boards, minibars, balconies, etc. Heard the beach is very nice too (long stretch) <BR>Hope this helps you out, it sure did me, and I can't wait to go and see for myself! Enjoy!

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 03:56 AM
curious

Where is this resort located?

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 04:59 AM
Melissa

It is inFalmouth. I stayed there a few years ago, before it was owned superclubs, and it was awful. The grounds where beautiful, but the building was discusting and run down. I think it would take millions to fix it up.

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 05:11 PM
Troy

It is in Montego Bay. They put several millions dollars into it, reopening Dec 10th I think. Was the beach nice? They say "long stretch", how long? How does superclubs rank in the resort world?

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 07:13 PM
Pierre

Be sure to check with Superclubs that they have effectively dealt with the roach problem. To be on the safe side I would leave my luggage on the rack or on a table,otherwise you may bring a few unwelcome guests back to your home. Would also avoid walking in the room if the lights are not on.

Old Dec 5th, 2001, 04:33 AM
Melissa

It is in Falmouth, about a half hour from Montego Bay

Old Dec 5th, 2001, 07:27 AM
Troy

Thank you, dose anyone have information about the Falmouth area or the trip to it?

Old Dec 5th, 2001, 10:22 AM
MJ

Starfish Trewlawny is about 25 years old. It will be moderate at best. It needs massive renovations so it's a good thing that it sounds like they are doing it. Falmouth is about 30 minutes east of Montego Bay and about 1 hour west of Ocho Rios. It is a quiet area but the resort itself is on a nice beach. If you want to do much outside the resort, you'll probably be taking long, hot, dusty rides on old buses down crowded, narrow winding streets. If you will probably just be relaxing around your resort most of the time and you appreciate the good deal you're getting, it's probably fine!

Old Dec 8th, 2001, 07:16 AM
Troy

Thank you, from everything I have read so far I think we will like it. Quiet and relaxing not pretentious. I won't put much stock in the over exaggerators yet. I'll let you know when we get back.

Old Dec 8th, 2001, 03:20 PM
anonymous

It may be nice resort now but it is not an overstatement to say that it was one of the worst resorts I have ever visited.