Search

New Island

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 06:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Island

Hubby & I 50, no childern looking to go to T&C... don't mind cooking but also would like to be near places that have music, food and snokling.... Love the quite time but also like to go have a beer. Suggestions, I'm reading everyone blogs very interesting... Will rent car if need too, do you fly into island and take ferry to other parts? Is Castaway by Salt Cay away from everthing? Planning to go in April 2014 oh we've been to US and BI Islands so does this compare to any of those

THANKS
Di
Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 07:44 AM

To reach Castaway you have to first fly into Providenciales then take an island hopper to Salt Cay.
Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:08 AM

You'll need a car, it's a long beach! If you stay near the snorkel reefs, you'll need to drive to restaurants and shops. If you stay by restaurants, you. Have to drive to snorkel.

What's your budget? What time of year? There are some properties in the middle, but sooner or later you'll need car for best restaurants at night.

Very quite island, even when live music it stops at 9, and is mellow.

Restaurants are terrific with forgets settings, but majority are formal and upscale. Much better food than VI, but definitely nit casual beach bars. (they're a couple, definitely need a car)

Completely different than VI. TCI is flat, dry and scrubby. Resorts are upscale, restaurants formal. Very quiet. Not scenic and hilly. But ahh what a beach! It blows away the ones at VI
Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:06 AM
Original Poster

Omg I'll be singing by myself..lol April 10th for a week... willing to spend up to 3000 for week.

Thanks for your input...
Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 01:24 PM

You can try Alexandra Resort or Ocean Club West. OCW is closer to walk to restaurants and shops, but need car to snorkel (or go by excursion)

Alex you can walk to snorkel, during day can walk to shops, but at night you really need a car for restaurants.

If in doubt, the local booking company can help, ask for Val or Susan:

Turksandcaicosreservations.com
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much...
Old Feb 7th, 2014, 05:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Since blamona mentioned OCW I'll put in a few tips.
We've stayed there 5 times (see my trip reports and photos if you're interested) and will return again.
Please upgrade to a studio, junior suite, or 1 bdr overlooking the pool. 1 of the 5 times we stayed there we took the lowest price and ended up in a noisy street side unit with a streetlight right outside our balcony---not a nice experience.

Other than that we love it there. The onsite restaurant and bar at the beach is good and you can walk to many restaurants and grocery store. And yes, ahh what a beach with plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas for all.
Old Feb 10th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

ohhh good to know TPAYT...