**Need Advice on Restaurants and Excursions**

Old Jun 8th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

**Need Advice on Restaurants and Excursions**

Well Guys,

I'm back!! My wife and I are a month away from our trip. We're super excited and want some restaurant/excursion advice.

We are staying for a week, so I wanted to see what were some of your favorite dinner/lunch spots are (perhaps listing each with a $-$$$ ranking), along with your top 4 or 5 paid excursions.

Please also list "free things to do" or must sees as well. We will have a car for the entire trip, so driving around the island and finding neat little beautiful or private spots would be great. Thanks again!
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 04:29 PM

Lunch at Las Brisas on Chalk Sound---choose a sunny day. Casual restaurant with stunning views over the sound.

Lunch at The Conch Shack---casual restaurant where they catch the Conch right in front of it. Live music on Sun. around 2pm and Thurs. night (very crowded.) Great food, we went there 3 times during our March trip.

Best of the best for dinner:
Bay Bistro $$$
Coco Bistro $$$
Must reserve.

Have a great trip.
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 07:35 PM

Best restaurants, expensive but do not miss

Coco Bistro
bay Bistro
Coyaba

Mid range, I like Hemmingways
Cheaper, Tiki Hut, Da Conch Shack

Best excursions: Caicos Dream Tours, Island Vibes, you can also day trip to North/Middle Caicos. Mudjin Harbour there is spectacular! Requires ferry and car rental. (ferry $35 rt pp, car $80)
Snorkel for free at Coral Gardens and Smiths Reef, look for JoJo the unofficial mascot dolphin

Do not miss: Chalk Sound,, amazing turquoise water you will never see again like it anywhere in the world, it glows. Sapadilla and Taylor Bays, Leeward/Pelican Beach
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 03:26 AM

blamona's hit the nail on the head - check www.wherewhenhowcom for more good ideas and/or pickup the mag when you get to the island - if you're heading to the Leeward part of the island, stop in by Leeward beach (some call it Pelican beach) and keep walking east past the point, can go for a nice long walk on pristine beach and probably not see many souls. You can also take the kayaks out from the BigBlue watersports shop and kayak to the mangroves - hope this helps
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 06:04 AM

When you land, look for an old guy handing out flyers for Ocean Outback Tours. Its about half the price of the other tour companies, but you need your own transportation to where he launches his boat(I think the Sands provides their guests transportation)

We think Opus is the best restaurant on the Island, followed closely by Coco Bistro. Best cheap night out is Shark Bite
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 10:00 AM

Coco Bistro and Mango reef are hands down my favorite. Mango Reef has great food, live music and very friendly staff, you will love the beach atmosphere.
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 11:41 PM

I agree with the others, but also try out Shark Bite and Tiki Bar in the Turtle Cove Marina.

We LOVED our 1/2 day dive excision with Silver Deep. It was our groups favorite day!

Have fun