No alcohol in public resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone , im curious to find out, if people would come to a beach/poolside resort with a no alcohol in public restiction? Im sticking to my rules but I would like to know what to expect? Thanks so much, bye bye

The world isnt changing, the world has changed.
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 06:37 AM

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking if there is an alcohol ban in public? Or around the pool at a resort, which would not be considered public?

I've never heard of any restrictions in either of those circumstances. Some resorts have restrictions about drinking alcohol not purchased at the resort. for example, in many places you're not allowed to bring in outside alcohol because bartabs are a major moneymaker for resorts.
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 08:02 AM

i'm not sure i understand your post either.
what resort are you going to? i searched and could find only a few alcohol free resorts worldwide. there is one in
US called wisconsin dells. i assume there might be some in islamic countries.
personally i would not choose a resort that did not offer alcohol
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

I own a resort on the beach and have recently outlawed alcohol on the premise. Im sure guest drink in their rooms but its outside of the rooms in the resort I have restricted Alcohol. The reason for this is locals come to my resort as well as turist and locals tend to get out of hand. For this reason I dont allow alcohol. As for turist I have never had a problem in 10 years of running the bussiness.

So then I rephraise my question , Would you come to a resort in which you can only consume alcohol in your room/suite?
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 08:55 AM

Absolutely not. When on vacation I expect to be able to enjoy drinks by the pool and relax. Relaxing is why people vacation, the more rules and prohibitions, the less like a vacation it is.
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 09:03 AM
KVR

No, I wouldn't stay at a resort in which I could only consume liquor/beer in my room.

If you have problems with locals at your resort, then ban anyone from the premisis that is not a guest. That's why most AI resorts make there guests wear a wrist band, so they can reconize their guests and remove anyone who is not a guest.

Don't punish your guests for the things locals do at your resort. You have the right to refuse service to anyone and make non-guests leave the premisis.
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 09:54 AM

Nor would I, I love sitting by the pool or on the beach with a nice cool alcoholic drink in my hand. And I would hate being forced to dine without being able to accompany my meal with a glass of wine or an aperitif.

There are other ways of restricting locals from coming on the property and ruining it for others. Many resorts do this..
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 10:55 AM

Nope. While I'm not a heavy drinker, one of the pleasures of vacationing is being able to enjoy a beverage when I want one, and meeting other people doing the same at the pool/beach bar (locals and visitors). It doesn't work if I'm limited to drinking inside my room (who wants to stay inside when you're at the beach?), and if I have to go off-site to do it, I may as well stay off site.

I'm sure there are religious groups, families, and other people who would prefer an alcohol-free zone. But I'm am most definitely one of them.
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 11:32 AM

I would not visit.

It isn't that I drink a lot but I enjoy a cool, adult beverage when I'm lounging by the pool or on the beach.

I agree with KVR -- why punish your guests?
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much, I guess I knew what everyone would say. I will have restrictions on certain locals only. Probally a certain age group? Thanks again everyone. Bye bye.

The world isnt changing, the world has changed>
Old Apr 16th, 2009, 03:54 PM

Though I certainly agree that you've the right to set rules at your own resort, I wouldn't vacation anyplace that didn't allow alcohol consumption.
Old Apr 16th, 2009, 05:33 PM

We wouldn't stay somewhere that doesn't allow alcohol on the beach or by the pool. Everyday life is very demanding and it's nice to be able to relax and have a few drinks on vacation.
Old Apr 16th, 2009, 06:19 PM

Ummm...no. Had to really think about that one.
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 12:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I also wouldn't stay at a resort that did now allow alcohol and I also am not a big drinker.
I would say hire some security that will allow only guests of the resort in the bar area. I wish you good luck.
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 05:14 AM

I probably also wouldn't stay at a place that had a beach bar that only allowed guests of the resort. If you have problems with patrons, deal with those people. I can't imagine all of the locals are causing problems.