Reload this Page >

Nevis - AC for less than $350?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Laurie

Was hoping to spend a week in Nevis (or St. Kitts) with at least an air conditioned bedroom but not pay more than $350 a night. Possible to get this in a fairly decent place? The lower priced places seem to always have some drawback about them. Any good ideas, please let me know.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Lenny

Mt Nevis Hotel and the Inn at Cades Bay.<BR>I'd go for the latter.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 04:34 PM
Nancy

Laurie,<BR>It depends on what time of year you go, but almost all places in off-season (except FS) would be $350 or less per night.<BR>On beach, Nisbet or Cades Bay. (Nisbet is VERY nice.)<BR>Some private villas. (We stayed in a gorgeous villa with a pool for $200 per night.)<BR>Not on beach, Montpelier Plantation, The Hermitage, Golden Rock.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 09:12 AM
Laurie

<BR>Nancy:<BR><BR>Nisbet, Montpelier and Hermitage do not have AC though, right ? It must be hot down there in April and May,? (In Florida, we start using the AC in February.) Hard to imagine not having AC for sleeping.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 09:17 AM
Laurie

Forgot to ask: anyplace I can find some kind of map that shows where these places are in Nevis?

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 09:23 AM
Nancy

Laurie,<BR>Check out nevis1.com.<BR>He has various maps and is very knowledgeable about the island. <BR>On the very first page there are maps that will show what you want.<BR>If you have a ceiling fan and/or are up at a higher elevation, you will not need A/C.<BR>Check the resort webpages to see which ones have A/C. Also, the fodor reviews of each prop. usually tell you whether or not there is A/C.<BR>For less luxurious, but still nice accommodations, I KNOW has A/C, there's Oualie Beach. Rooms there run $100 to $200.00 per night.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 12:36 PM
Caribfan

The a/c is not really needed in the places 1000 feet up such as Golden Rock which is very charming and a great place for nature lovers. I would never have believed it had I not experienced it myself. There are continual breezes and even when we stayed there in July it was not necessary at night. On the other hand, at sea level or a little above on Nevis, you really must have a/c. Someone compared Nevis to Florida. St. Kitts and Nevis do not have the same weather as Florida - it is much better. There just are no extemes. When they say it is 82 and sunny year round that is nearly correct except for September and October when there's a little more rain.