Negril in March

Feb 25th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Original Poster

Negril in March

My husband and I are making our seventh trip to Negril in March. It has been four years since our last trip. In the past, we have brought school supplies for a particular family we met there. I am not sure if we will locate them again. Would it be appropriate to bring the supplies and, in the case of not reconnecting with the same family, give them to the hotel (Idle Awhile) at which we are staying and they could pass them on as they see fit? Also, any suggestions from someone who has made a recent gift on what in particular to bring would be appreciated. Thank you.
Feb 25th, 2004, 08:14 AM

indiboo

Try posting this in jamaicans.com - several people there do take stuff for families /schools in Jamaica. They could could point you in the right direction as to where you could leave the supplies.
Feb 26th, 2004, 04:54 PM

Give them to the salvation army.
They have a booth at the grocery store where the road from 7 mile beach intersects with the downtown area
Across from burger king.
Feb 27th, 2004, 08:37 AM

You can drop them off at the Negril All-Age school if you like, it's on the west end just past Llantrissant. There is a sign and any taxi should know it.

Schools appreciate any supplies at all, even just dollar store markers, crayons, pencils, paper/notebooks, I sometimes pick up flash cards, books or puzzles - things that can be used by many kids.
Feb 27th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions!