any sun in puerto rico right now?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 06:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to Puerto Rico for a week starting May 3rd, I'm looking forward to sun, but all I've been seeing on the weather forcasts is scattered showers. Will I see any sun? Do the forcasts just mean late day showers that last for a little while? Thanks for any help setting my expectations!
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 05:01 AM

My husband and I are going May 1. Weather.com has a bit of a negative forecast, but accuweather.com has a fairly good one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 05:54 AM
Sunnyboy

There's a lot of good information on the internet however, web-sites predicting the weather in the Caribbean are not among them. Do not even give them a second glance. If you looked at those sites every day for a year you'd swear the sun doesn't shine anywhere in the islands. The truth is there are very brief and very localized showers on almost every island every day (especially in the mountain areas and mostly at night) but these are never enough to ruin anyone's vacation. That's what you are seeing on those weather web sites. You'll have more need for SPF 45 than you ever will for an umbrella.

Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 06:17 AM
Rob

You might encounter a daily brief shower or two. Normally they don't last very long and many people at the pool or the beach just wait it out.
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 01:55 PM

more than enough to burn
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 04:21 PM

I just got back from GC and my boyfriend just sweat a doomed 7day forecast. We got there and the weather was perfect. These showers are passing. I was in the sun and the person next to me was in the passing shower....it lasted a few min then the sun came out. Please do yourself the favor and don't worry, it will be partly cloudy to cloudy at the worst. You can still enjoy yourself and tan under those conditions. Unless there is a major system...that is another story, but don't sweat it.
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 06:28 PM

We just got back from San Juan. We were there for 4 days...3 were totally cloudy and rainy. Unbelievable....never thought it was possible to see more than 1 cloudy/rainy day in a row.
Old Apr 25th, 2004, 03:12 AM
maletas

Just got back 2 days ago to after a week stay and yes, some rain. However, we had beach time everyday for at least 2-3 hours which is all I can take anyway. Of course the weather had been absolutely beautiful I was told for weeks until I got there and the last day was nothing less than gorgeous. Oh well!!! But despite all that, it was a great vacation.
Puerto Vallarta might be the next place I'd go just because the weather is consistantly sunny. I'd do Aruba but its not my cup of tea!

Old Apr 28th, 2004, 07:09 AM

there are scattered showers every day in PR. however, being a small island, any rain blows over in 1 hour max.
Old May 15th, 2004, 06:44 AM

ttt