Search

need some help

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2000, 10:13 AM
lawry

need some help

I have been to st thomas, barbados, bermuda, and would like to try the bahamas. We like to go off season so we can stay at a nice resort. I like the resort type , not to crazy. Would the Marriott be like what i am looking for if not please advise.

Old May 25th, 2000, 11:44 AM
Lee

Lawry: On Nassau, I would try maybe the Radisson on Cable Beach or the Sheraton on Paradise Island. On nearby Eleuthera, check out the Club Med. I've not been there, but I'll bet you can get info on the web and probably other Fodorite's would know, also. <BR> <BR>Good luck.

Old May 25th, 2000, 11:51 AM
Bette

I suggest that you consider, and cannot go wrong, with any of the Outer Islands of the Bahamas.....

Old May 25th, 2000, 01:34 PM
igor

Marriott looks like it has not been maintained too well over the years. <BR>In some places, the paint is peeling <BR>off the walls, and the place looks a bit <BR>run down. It also feels very musty. <BR>I did not like the atmosphere there at all. If possible, go to Atlantis on Paradise Island, it is a really beautiful resort with tons of waterslides and man-made pools.

Old May 26th, 2000, 07:57 AM
Kim

Try the Sandals Royal Bahamian we loved it!

Old May 30th, 2000, 06:55 PM
Susan Park

Cape Santa Maria on Long Island is wonderful. It is not too large but great for snorkeling, fishing, swimming. The food is quite good, a great bar and good employees. We loved it.

Old Jun 30th, 2000, 07:29 PM
Keely

The Ocean Club on Paradise Island is quiet and elegant, not crazy at all, yet you have the advantage of all the amenities down the beach at Atlantis, which can be quite crazy, especially on the beach. Beach at Ocean Club is exquisite (and no jetskis). Off season you feel like you're at your own private estate.