Search

Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2005, 08:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some advice

First time poster here on this board. What a wonderful source of travel information to the little lattitudes. I was wondering what someone may suggest on the lines of a "hedonistic" type of vacation to the lovely isles in the Carib. Yes....we are looking to throw "caution to the wind" and get real with ourselves and nature. As a first time traveler to the region, I am curious as to the local cultures and unwritten laws of some of the recommended destinations. Also, I am somewhat intolerant to mosquito bites and the dengue fever they may pass. Any suggestions on areas I should avoid or areas I should cover up? I am specifically hoping Dandy Don and his plethora of Caribbean knowledge will fill me in and put me at ease. Thanks everyone!
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 09:23 PM

Hello caribbeansoul! I would HIGHLY recommend the HEDONISMIII resort in Jamica on Negril beach. It is an adult playground for married and unmarried couples and it is a beautiful, very safe resort.I beleive the web address is HedinismIII.com. You wil love that resort if you lkike clothing optional!!
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 09:26 PM

sorry caribbeansoul! I forgot to mention that there really is very little chance you will get dengue fever. Just dont have too much fun and pass out outside and you should be OK.The hedonism III resort would be perfect for you I think!
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 09:30 PM

One more thing to mention to you caribbean soul. he hedonism III resort has a clothing optional pool AND a clothing optional beautiful beach plus a nude discoteque!!
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 09:37 PM
Original Poster

Oh man....thanks so much Don. I'll definitely check that place out. I am a little leery of Jamaica, however. I hear bad things about the place....scary rastas....lots of higgling....drugs galore....not sure if that kind of place is for us, ya know?
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 09:38 PM
Original Poster

Also....if we go to that Hedonism place...could I wear a dew rag and nothing else to dinner some night?
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 10:08 PM

Hello casribbeanSoul! You should be leary about Jamaica! If you stay at the Hedonism III as long as you are in the resort area you have nothing to worry about and with all the activities there you probably will not want to leave. Jamaica is NOT the place to wander around in and avoid Kingston like a leper. The Hedonism III is a very safe resort and as I said as long as you stay in the resort area you will be fine day or night. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any more questions OK.
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 10:10 PM

You dont have to worry about wearing much of anything at Hedinism III. Im noet sure about the dress code at the restaurant but there is a clothing optional bar close to the pool!!
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 03:26 AM

Naughty , naughty , naughty !!!!!
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 03:38 AM

Carib Don you seem a " good " soul , your enthusiasm to help is palpable .... , perhaps reading just a tad closer the criteria of each poster , and responding with appropriate hotel choices etc. , would spare you a "juinor high" thread such as this one .
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 05:03 AM

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Christie
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 05:17 AM

What's up Brett..Negril is coming up soon.Wish it were me..now I'm the jealous one.

Christie
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 05:20 AM

What is a dew rag?
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 05:38 AM

how about St. Martin?
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 06:50 AM

Brett and Dandy Don, too funny. What a hoot....
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Leave it to me for another "jr high" thread....eh, Faithie? Sorry....I just couldn't resist. No harm intended. Christie: A dew rag is a fashion statement worn on the head of those who are into the hip-hop culture.

Negril is a mere 3 weeks away. Close call with Wilma and I understand Negril has had its fair share of rain and waves. But she spared the island. I pray for those on the Yucatan Peninsula including Cozumel and Isla Mujeres. The storm is a slow moving monster taking its time churning up the Gold Coast.

We are very excited, as always, for our trip to CocoLaPalm. It has been 18 months since our last trip....having babies and a heavy workload take priorites at this stage in our life.
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 08:54 AM

Lol , all in good fun , I know your harmless .... but he might not !! lol Faithie ....( have a great trip )
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 09:05 AM

Christie and Caribbean Soul , a dew rag isn't just hip hop culture it's really a handkerchief extra large that many men and women will use to keep perspiration from running into their eyes while exercising or working. Works the same as a sweatband. The moniker dew rag has been around long before hip hop. Friends of mine called them dew rags back in the '70s.
Sandy
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 11:20 AM

I don't get the point of this thread & yes, Don IS most helpful here.
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 12:02 PM

Thanks for the "dew rag" definition. I have always called it a bandana..I guess that it just depends on where you are from. My 11 year old son wears one on his head sometimes..I do not like the way it looks on a kid so I only allow it at home.

Brett,
Have a nice trip..and don't forget to do a body shot on your wife ..if they do that in Jamaica!The Rockhouse looks more and more tempting to me..but not anytime soon as we are very busy right now.

Take Care!
Christie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -