Reload this Page >

Need San Juan hotel info

Search

Need San Juan hotel info

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 04:05 AM
Travel

Need San Juan hotel info

Will be in San Juan for one night for a lay-over. Will want to see the fort and the Bacardi rum factory and old San Juan. Will need to be at the airport at 9:00 am the next morning, so am torn between whether to stay in Old San Juan or Isla Verda. My wife and I also like nice hotels with nice pools. Am looking at the Caribe Hilton near old San Juan or the Ritz or El San Juan near the airport. They are all about the same price. Thoughts?

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 04:24 AM
rqf

To visit the fort, Bacardi and see OSJ is going to require almost a full day. You might consider the Wyndham El San Juan in OSJ.You could walk to the Fort and tour OSJ at the same time. It will also be easy to get to the Barcard factory. There is a ferry that is five minutes from the hotel that will take you to Catano. In Catano you take a cab to get to the factory.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 04:31 AM
Travel

Thanks for the advice. Good suggestion on staying in the Old San Juan area. If we do that, what would be the cloest nicest hotel? Caribe Hilton? Marriott? Still looking for that area but a hotel with a nice pool / beach area. I don't believe the Wyndham has that.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 04:55 AM
Dee

The Wyndham in Old San Juan does not have beach but it's got a roof top pool that is really quite nice - palm trees for shade, good breezes and a nice view of the harbor. Highly recommend it.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 05:53 AM
rqf

The closest hotel with a beach and pool is the Caribe Hilton. The Marriott is five minutes further away.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 07:26 AM
Bill

I've searched but can't find The Ritz,El San Juan or El Conquestador in San Juan. Anybody have their website?

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Bill

Never mind, sorry, I found them.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Diana_pr77

The Hilton is not the closest hotel with beach and pool. The CLOSEST hotel with beach and pool near the airport is the Wyndham San Juan Hotel and the Inter continental san Juan Hotel. If you wish for more infor visit this website it helps. www.travelandsports.com or call me at the Puerto Rico Tourism Company at 1-800-866-7827<BR>

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 01:37 PM
AmyK

FOrget about the large, could-be-anywhere hotels!!! For an absolutely fantastic overnight stay in Old San Juan (hubby and I do this 1x year) - try the following place:<BR><BR>the gallery Inn<BR>http://www.thegalleryinn.com/<BR><BR>The place is truly unique. It is the perfect overnight solution, IMHO. it's in Old San Juan, so walking distance from all the great sites/shopping/eating, etc. Each room is unique (ask to take a peek at them!), original art everywhere (by the proprietor), cozy little nooks everywhere, interior courtyards, a rooftop deck to give 360 views of the city while you sip on a cool, crisp chardonnay and hear the ocean crashing beneath you. Do check it out!!!<BR><BR>

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Travel

Does the gallery inn have a pool? The website does make the inn look very romantic and quaint. I'm now wondering if that's better than the Wyndham Old San Juan (which I didn't realize had a rooftop pool).

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 08:15 AM
AmyK

No, the Gallery Inn does not have a pool. But for a one-night layover, you will have so much to do in Old San Juan, plus the bacardi distillery, heck - when are you going to find time for the pool? The rooftop deck at the gallery inn is fantastic for lounging, though, especially at night.<BR><BR>enjoy!<BR>AmyK<BR><BR>

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 08:31 AM
lawren

The Caribe Hilton is convenient to Old San Juan area, but you might want to consider El Convento which is a completely renovated historic site (is on the walking tour of OSJ) right in the heart of Old San Juan. Walking distance to the El Morro. It has a lovely pool but no beach.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 09:28 AM
Chris

Recently stayed at the Intercontinental on isla verde, great location and really beautiful hotel. Very convenient for an early morning flight!

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 09:44 AM
jeff

Ritz all the way. Second is Marriott. I've been to both. If you want being close then like rqf said, Wyndam El San juan hotel, however not in same class as Ritz.