Reload this Page >

Need Resort information asap Please :-)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 10:52 AM
Barb

Trying to decide on a resort in Aruba narrow it down to the Holiday Inn, Allegro Div for A/I or the Bucuti Resort which isn't A/I. I live in Washington DC area so I gather 5 nights would work or do you think 4 nights would do it just as well. I am not looking for nightlife just a great beach & nice ocean. I might mention I am traveling solo as my husband & I take one vacation together & I take one alone. I just want to be back in the caribbean once again and want to try another island. Been to Cayman's, Turks, Jamaica, Barbados and Antigua. The islands are listed in my favaorite for beach & ocean conditions. Been to Playa Del Carmen but I don't really consider it the caribbean even though in the Caribbean Ocean just not the same. Any help please post here or email me at [email protected] Thanks !!

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 02:15 PM
ejc

I was in Aruba only once. Had a fantastic time, We stayed at the Holiday Inn. Most of the beach area in Aruba is somewhat narrow, but it seemed to me that Holiday Inn's was the widest. And there were more, down to earth people, just having a GREAT time. Make sure you check-out Baby beach.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 07:13 AM
Marilyn

Barb - Out of the choices of Holiday Inn, Allegro, Divi A/I or Bucuti, I would definitely choose Bucuti.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 07:32 AM
Marisa

Think the 2nd poster may be a bit confused. The beach that the Bucuti is on is VERY large (actually quite a walk to the water) and you get the feel of being almost alone. If you want total relaxation but being around all couples than the Bucuti is wonderful. We went to Aruba on our Honeymoon and stayed on Palm Beach because there is more activity. Try Travel Unlimited for great rates they wholesale Aruba..1-800-228-1502.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 03:48 PM
Bud

I also live near Washington, D.C. The answer to your question would depend on your budget, and what you like to do while on vacation. The Bucuti is a laid back "basic" european-type resort. Mostly quiet. Not for activities. The Divi is closer to downtown and definitely not as quiet. More teenagers and across the street from the treatment plant and, well, the Holiday Inn is just like any other Holiday Inn around Washington, except it has a beach. For the money, go for as many nights as you can. You will spend just as much for 4 nights as for 5. Consider it takes most of one day to get there. If these are your choices, I would recommend the Bucuti. But, remember there are also other "5 star" resorts on Aruba.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 04:55 PM
Notso

there are no five star resorts on aruba. there are some nice moderate resorts but none that make the five star top lists.

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 04:39 AM
Bud

Then how come Conde Naste Traveler named the Radisson Aruba a "5 star" resort?