COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Need info about St.Barths

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 07:56 PM
Tim

Need info about St.Barths

Ca someone tell me a little about the island of St.Barths? Is it a nice place to visit for a winter vacation-say sometime in January. Not much into nightlife but am into the beach scene. Thanks

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 08:17 AM
R. Bailey

Very scenic, very French, very relaxed atmosphere, very expensive (although it doesn't have to be out of sight). Good for beaches, people-watching.

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 11:12 AM
Al Pacino

Go.Its great,top of the world mama!!!

Old Oct 16th, 2001, 11:47 AM
LaDeeDa

Went to St Barth's last February for a week -- loved the food and the French atmosphere, hated the tiny puddle jumper connection from St Martin's. Very pricey and European in feel, with lots of deluxe restaurants, boutiques and services.

Old Oct 16th, 2001, 11:54 AM
yo yo

What was the little "Puddle jumper" you took from st. martin? Was it that bad?

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 04:06 AM
Sunny

There are two ways to get to St. Bart's, by boat (ferry unless you have a yacht) and by small plane. I have never been on the ferry, but I have been warned that it can be very rough and lots of people get sick. The plane trip is quick (15 minutes) and exciting, but I like flying. I can't imagine the flight keeping people away from the island, but if you are really phobic about small planes (6-12 seats), it might be bad enough to do that.

I will be back in December.