Reload this Page >

Overnight stop in Montego Bay

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 09:53 AM
rheianne

Hi. Our trip to Negril in November has been planned and paid for. Only problem is that due to American Airline's flight cutbacks, we've been asked to take a flight other than the one originally booked, which will put us into Montego Bay about 20 hours earlier than expected. We would prefer to stay the 20 hours in Montego Bay rather than try to mess with changing our connecting flight to Negril, and also thought it might be interesting and fun to hang out for the day. However, we need a hotel which is close to the airport so we can avoid long cab rides for such a short stay. Does anyone have any suggestions? I note on my map that the Rose Hall area looks pretty good. Does anyone know how long a cab ride would take or can anyone suggest a hotel with airport pickup, etc, etc. We're just trying to find a nice place to hang our hat for the night which will provide a good selection of restaurants and things to see in the area, and low manintenance access from and to the airport. Thanks for anyone who can give us some help!

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 12:56 PM
chazz

You'll be closer to the airport if you stay in town, rather than out by Rose Hall. <BR> <BR>Reasonable non-inclusives in MoBay include the Wexford and Doctor's Cave Beach Hotel (and others). For all-inclusives, there's the Sandals Inn or Breezes. <BR> <BR>My favorite spot in Montego Bay is Doctor's Cave Beach. <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 03:55 PM
elsa

If I were you I would book the Wyndham Rose Hall Hotel. It is about a 10 or 15 minute drive from the airport, beautiful , clean hotel & on the Rose Hall property. You can walk from the hotel to Rose Hall. That would be my first choice.

Old Oct 13th, 2001, 02:01 AM
tivertonhouse

Escape the thrash and get some privacy by renting a suite for the night at the former Winston Churchill property, Drambuie Estate, rather than a hotel.Closer than Rose Hall,15 min.from airpor. Driver/car to meet you at airport. Gourmet chef, masseur,private pool, mountaintop overlooking Bogue Lagoon and MoBay skyline. Insider's rates at Ritz Carleton Rose Hall Spa. Private excursion services. See www.jamaicaescapes.com

Old Oct 13th, 2001, 02:35 AM
Paul

Half Moon Club in Montego Bay!!! <BR> <BR>Walk the great beaches, ride bikes, enjoy the pool, shop the shops and dine at the Suger Mill Restaurant. All a short 15 min cab ride from the Sangsters. It's worth every penny!

Old Oct 13th, 2001, 04:51 AM
terri

Call your travel agent. Their computer tells them what hotel is closest the airport and also keep in mind that most of the major resorts and villas will NOT rent for 1 night.

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 11:04 AM
ohliz

We spent one night in MoBay on our way back from Negril (early flight) and we stayed at El Greco. It has only suites and is up on the cliffs overlooking MoBay BUT is adjacent to a highrise with an elevator so you can walk to town via an enclosed overpass, then take that highrise's elevator down to street level, and voila - you're right across from Doctor's Cave beach! Unusual but worked very well. <BR> <BR>We paid about $100. Very clean and secure, pool, etc. Lots of business travelers there. Easy walk to restaurants/bars/nightlife/beach. <BR> <BR Liz

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 06:55 AM
re-re

there is no airport in negril, how can you be getting a connecting flight from montego bay? someone's got you duped.

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 07:15 AM
traveler

THERE IS AN AIRPORT IN NEGRIL. It is small and only little planes can fly in there, nice to do the flight on the way home if you can only afford one way.

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 07:48 AM
ohliz

Yep, there's an airport in Negril but it's only for small planes and it's only open during the day. One way fare From MoBay is about $50-60. <BR> <BR Liz