Search

Need help with flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 05:44 AM
Gina

Need help with flights

I am curious to know how much money a flight from Boston to STT should cost. right now they are around $750 per person!! I think that is outrageous especially with all the cheap deals going on. Anyone have any advice as to when to book or what I "should" pay? I plan on going May 27, 2002. thank you.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 06:07 AM
Andrea

Have you tried Airtran Airways? The prices are the best from all east coast destinations....they have a sale going on to Freeport!

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 06:22 AM
Gary

Yes, there are deals but they have "book by" and "travel by" dates. You have to be flexible. Also, your trip date is Memorial Day Weekend and Holidays have "black out" dates and higher fares.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 07:44 AM
Joyce

I believe there are some Charters out of your area that offer Lower Rates. Check with a local Travel Agent.<BR>Also sale fares usually do not appear this fare ahead. You could wait for a Sale, but traveling over a holiday weekend, the price could also go up as the seats fill up.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 08:40 AM
Scott

Gina,<BR>Make sure you check out American Airlines. I just checked their website and prices for Boston to STT in May are $369 roundtrip per person. Better hurry, these prices won't last long!!

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 09:20 AM
Joyce

The fare above is only good through the 19th of May.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 09:25 AM
Karen

Not an expert on tracking air especially in May but I've had numerous offers of air from NYC to STT for less than $400 thru Spring. Of course, you may be looking at a Holiday Weekend so maybe that's why you aren't catching any cheap fares. Sometimes a midweek flight rather than a weekend one or a flight with a stop will be cheaper too. One thing you can do no matter how much you spend is that if you find a cheaper flight offered, AA will refund the difference to you (usually in vouchers) and sometimes they will charge you the $100 change fee.