Reload this Page >

Need Advice on Second Caribbean Vacation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:43 AM
Islander

I just returned on my first trip to the Caribbean and I am planning my second. We visited the beautiful island of Antigua and fell in love with it! Could anyone suggest which island we should try next? We go for the beach...we enjoy all-inclusive where we can just "veg" out on the beach and not have to worry about anything. Any suggestions?

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:59 AM
divegirl

I recommend either either Aruba (Palm Beach) or Grand Cayman (7 MB). Both beaches are gorgeous and after you've had enough beach for the day, there are plenty of other things to do on both islands.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 12:01 PM
Mary

Try St. Lucia, very lush beautiful island. We have been to Punta Cana (DR), Jamaica, Cancun, Hawaii, and St. Lucia. We're headed to Antigua this year, staying at Jolly Beach Resort, any good advice???

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 01:15 PM
Islander

Mary, I stayed at Sandals so I can't advice on Jolly Beach Resort but I can tell you that you will love Antigua! I thought the beaches were absolutely breathtaking. Have a great time!!

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:44 PM
Tiff

Islander, You said that you stayed at Sandals Antigua. I am considering a weddingmoon there. Any info you could share about the resort and island would be very helpful. Please feel free to email with any info. Thanks.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:57 PM
Blake

The Cayman Islands have beautiful beaches and water. However, if you're looking for an AI, I'm not sure there are any. Curacao has a Breezes and you can also check out the AI option at the Marriott. They have a rate that includes breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as beverages. Very nice rooms. Taxi service is good on the island and lots to see.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 05:35 AM
Mary

Islander: If you "go for the beaches" I would suggest somewhere other than St. Lucia. It's a beautiful island but it's not known for their beaches and there are definitely better "beach" choices.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 06:28 AM
Islander

Thank you all for the responses. Does anyone know much about Anguilla? Would it be a good spot? Or what about Jamaica?? Is it worth going to for the beach? <BR><BR>Tiff, Sandals Antigua is wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a better weddingmoon. I would recommend it to anyone. It is worth it with the 35% off right now, although I wouldn't pay full price.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 06:13 AM
tivertonhouse

For best beaches beyond Antigua, Anguilla -- and BARBUDA above all...

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Don

I would add St. John to the list of an island with pristine beaches but also so much to do and explore. Very safe island. Clean and lush.<BR><BR>Don

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Julie

I agree with Don's suggestion, but be aware that there really is only one option for all-inclusive on St. John--Caneel Bay. Caneel is fabulous if you can afford it.

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 04:54 PM
Susan

Anguilla!!! Loads of beautiful beaches, some very secluded, fantastic restaurants (you must eat at Altamer), and some very upscale resorts. Try it, you'll like it! We have been to St. John, Anegada, Cat Island in the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos and others, and, to date, Anguilla is my favorite. We are going to Exuma in February. You may want to check that island out as well. Good luck in your search!