Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Aug/Sept travel- Best all inclusive for couples in 30's in Caribbean?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2002, 04:16 PM
Sharon

Hello. My husband and I are trying to decide on where to go in the Caribbean. So far we decided to go late August early Sept. and definitely want all inclusive. We thought about the new Sandals resort in St. Lucia. (Grande St. Lucian) It seems like a "fair" deal...starting at $1599 per person 7 nights. We're looking for a beautiful scenic beach (doesn't necessarily have to have the best scuba diving spots...we're defnitely not scuba divers!)and a place that has sightseeing/interesting places to visit other than just laying on the beach all day (something I have no problem with but my husband gets bored and doesn't like to sit in the sun too long.) Any suggestions? Thank you! I'm hoping quite a few of you will be able to help!!

Old May 31st, 2002, 04:20 PM
sharon

.....forgot one more thing....we've been to the Bahamas already and looking to try a new place....thanks! =)

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 04:03 AM
Barb

I guess you realize you will be traveling in the heart of the hurricane season--you might consider the islands in the deep southern area of the Caribbean--Barbados, Curacao, Aruba, Bonaire. Turtle Beach Resort in Barbados is an all inclusive and highly rated. There's a lot to see in Barbados. You can get information on Barbados by typing in "Barbados, tourism" or whatever island you choose.

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 04:21 AM
sharon

Thank you very much Barb....your info was vry helpful! (I didn't even think about the hurricane season! Dumb on my end) I will get right to it on researching. Thanks again!

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 07:08 AM
Penney

I would really go ahead and try the new Sandals. My sister had been there when it was a Hyatt and raved aobaut the pool area, beach and the atmosphere in general. It is said to be on the best beach area in St. Lucia and with that price that they are offering now, you will never see that again! Plus, you can still use the other two Sandals and they do have the huricanne policy god forbid you do get hit. Sandals offers great land and water activites so there is always something to do if you wish and food and service has always been very good.<BR><BR>Penney

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 08:43 AM
sharon

Penney, thanks for your input....as I've been researching, it looks like St Lucia is also a place to try to avoid the hurricane season, so it just may be the way to go! Thanks!

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 09:02 AM
anon

Keep in mind Sept. is a very slow time for tourism in the Caribbean. Some resorts and restaurants shutdown entirely and/or perform maintainance during that time.<BR><BR>Also, in terms of driving around to sightsee, keep in mind some islands require driving on the left and some require driving on the right.<BR>

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 04:19 AM
sharon

thank you for your input anon, i appreciate the info!

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 06:02 PM
xxx

We prefer staying at Sandals Halcyon. Their new property at the old Hyatt is too big for our taste. I'd prefer to stay at Halcyon and play at both of the larger properties. Loved St. Lucia...great place to visit!!