Need a honeymoon spot

Jun 14th, 2001, 09:17 AM
Susie

Need a honeymoon spot

My fiance and I are trying to decide where to take our honeymoon in January 2002. We would like to stay at a place on the beach preferably a villa with privacy. We want to enjoy the activities during the day on the beach and also the nightlife. We would rather stay at an all inlusive hotel. We would appreciate any help. Thanks

Jun 14th, 2001, 12:55 PM
Penney

Half Moon in Jamaica offers villas (some with pools) and is all-inclsuive. You can also look into the Sandals resorts, some of the out islands of the Bahamas, Beleize, British Virgin Islands

Jun 14th, 2001, 03:43 PM
Kim

Definately a Sandals Resort. We are Sandals people all the way and feel it's the best. No, fuss,no worry just sit back and enjoy!!!!email me if you wish.

Jun 14th, 2001, 04:14 PM
luv2travel

Sorry to intrude on this post with the following but as a long-time reader of this board, I must get this off my chest ...

Soapbox on ...

How can you say that Sandals is the "best" if you have never been to any other all-inclusives besides Sandals? "Best" is a comparative word and you aren't comparing it with anything! I don't have any problem with you saying that you really enjoyed Sandals, thought it was wonderful, would highly recommend it, etc. I'm also not saying that the Sandals resorts are not nice, we certainly very much enjoyed ourselves at SRC (and in fact are considering returning there next year.) It just bothers me when people say that they think Sandals is the "best" without having visited anywhere else. By the same token it bothers me when people say that somewhere (like Sandals) is crap when they haven't even been there. One and the same sin! And when you've been to several different resorts, it is certainly fair to say that a resort(like Sandals) is in your opinion the "best" of those you've visited, but remember there is always the qualifier that it can only be the "best" of what you have experienced thus far, because no matter how many places you've been there will almost always be somewhere you haven't been that may be even better ...

Soapbox off ...

Jun 15th, 2001, 01:07 PM
Penney

But how do you know that the last poster has not been to other all-inclusives other then Sandals? She did not say that she has only been to Sandals.

Jun 18th, 2001, 05:25 AM
luv2travel

Penney -

Re "she did not say that she has only been to Sandals" ... that is precisely why I felt compelled to comment, because I felt that it is misleading to say Sandals is the best without having identified the fact that you have not stayed at all-inclusives other than Sandals. As a long-time and frequent reader of this board, I do know that the poster after whom I responded has only stayed at Sandals resorts in the Caribbean, because she has said so on previous posts.

Jun 20th, 2001, 09:56 AM
xxx

Luv2travel--Get over yourself. Kim likes a Sandals vacation--that's her point. Let's not turn this into a scientific study. We're talking about vacations, after all, not cancer.

Jun 21st, 2001, 04:57 AM
Chris

Susie, Where did you decide to go for your honeymoon in Jan 2002? I am looking for the same features for my honeymoon in April 2002(i.e., a place on the beach preferably a villa with privacy. We want to enjoy the activities during the day on the beach and also the nightlife. We would rather stay at an all inlusive hotel). We were thinking of the Jalouise Hilton in St. Lucia -- it's an all inclusive with villas.

Jun 21st, 2001, 09:48 AM
Sheryl

Susie & Christ - my husband and I just returned from our honeymoon at Couples Ocho Rios a couple of weeks ago, and it was absolutely fabulous! They offer a few villas, although those aren't located directly on the beach. There are tons of activities (land and water), nightly entertainment, and a nude-sunbathing island if you're into that!!! Since it was an all-inclusive resort, we never even left the grounds. We highly recommend Couples.

Jun 26th, 2001, 07:01 PM
Jeff

Sandals St. Lucia Golf Resort and Spa is a very good place in the Caribbean. We just spent our Honeymoon at Sandals and loved it. I have traveled all over the Caribbean and many other third world countries, here are just a few: Thailand, Singapore, Korea, Bali, and Japan. I could go on...however I won't. I have been traveling for the past ten years and go on a trip at least twice a year. I have been in many all-inclusive resorts. Sandals is not the best, however it is very good and in St. Lucia you don't have that many "Good" All-inclusive resorts to choose from. If you would like to see some photos of Sandals I have uploaded mine to the internet: http://www.worldisround.com/submit/preview.html?id=6538

Jun 26th, 2001, 07:25 PM
Jeff

Sorry, I gave you the wrong link. Here's the correct one.
http://www.worldisround.com/articles/4999/

Jun 27th, 2001, 04:25 AM
Kay

Susi:

My husband and I just got back form spending our 1st anniversary on the most unique b&b I ahve ever found. We stayed on a traveling boat and breakfast on a 68 foot yacht called the S/V Captiva. ONy 1 couple is on board at a time so we had the whole yacht to our selves. We stayed int eh owners suite which had a king bed with skkylights over it and and in the bathrooms wa s jacuzzi tub. On deck there is a big hot tub and a wave runner. Scott the first mate lives about and cooked a a big breakfast every morning and had wine chilling by the hot tub for us every evening when we came in brom dinner out. He also made all o ur arrangments for excursions and dinner etc. WOW! I hope to have a full trip report and pictures up on my web site by next week.

What I am saying maybe you might want to consider staying on a yacht for you honeymoon and live like the rich and famous for a brief time. Currently the yacht is in South Pdre island. The current plan is to sail it to teh Cancun/cozumel area of Mexico for the fall then down to Costa Rica and Belieze for the Winter and maybe through the Panama canal in the winter. They can make arrangements to cook dinner too and serve liquor but that would be an additional cost. If you are intereting in learning more let me know and I will let you know when I have the pictures up on my web site and trip report.

Otherwise I recommmend Ladera REsort on St. Lucia for a very romantic honeymoon. My husband and I styed there (pictures and report are on my web site)

Jun 27th, 2001, 06:56 AM
Diane

Hi,
I have to give my opinion of Sandals. I have not been to any other all- inclusive, but I was not impressed with the one in Negril, Jamaica, where I went for my honeymoon. It was nice and we had fun, but it just didn't have that "special" feel that you want to have when you go on your honeymoon. I have also heard great things about Club Med Couples only resorts (my boyfriend has been to Club Med about 10 times). There is one on Columbus Isle in the Bahamas that is supposed to be great.
Personally, I think the last posting for the yacht sounds great!
Good luck!!!

Jun 27th, 2001, 08:45 AM
newlywed

I can tell you just got married, you are refering to your HONEYMOON in Negril and then you mention your BOYFRIEND likes club med... I have been married a year and I still do that