Sailing and dancing in Grand Cayman

May 8th, 2001, 07:05 AM
Pam

Sailing and dancing in Grand Cayman

We would like to take a sailing excursion.
Has anyone chartered a boat and crew for the day or half day? Also, we want to go out at night and dance. Does the island roll up the rug at night, or are there places to sip and drink, listen to music and dance?

Jun 4th, 2001, 02:34 PM
jeannine

There was not enough wind to make my windsurfer partner happy, so I don't if there is a lot of sailing in GC. Supposedly the winter is better for wind conditons.

At night there are a few bars and at least one dance club. The Next Level dance club is located along 7-mile beach near Treasure Island. They play different music every night. On Saturday nights, the law has them closing at midnight, but the party continues until 3 am at... the bowling alley! We spend one evening listening to a live band at Legendz bar across from the Westin. There are also some bars in Georgetown.

Jun 5th, 2001, 04:58 AM
Johmn Macdonald

There is live music and dancing at The Royal Palms. Under the stars. It's great.

Jun 11th, 2001, 07:22 AM
Pam

Dancing at the Royal Palms sounds like something out of New York City in the 1940s and 50s heyday of supper clubs. How romantic! Is there a website that lists entertainment on the island?

Jun 27th, 2001, 10:33 AM
Sting

Try this site.
http://www.caymanislands.ky/to_do/nightclub.asp
Royal Palms is not listed there for some reason but I think it's great with the live band and dancing with the breezes and the stars. They have live music Wednesday-Saturday.
Here's where you can find out more.
http://www.reefgrill.com/