Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Mont Vernon Hotel St. Martin- what is it now?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 08:11 AM
louise

We stayed at this hotel 9 years ago- it was at the end of Orient Bay across from Tintamarre. It had white "lacy " looking architecture and a huge pool. Sat up in a hillside. Heard it was danmaged in hurricane and has new name/ownership.Anyone have any info on it at all? We loved the location...

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 08:56 AM
Statia

Louise:<BR><BR>I was at Orient Bay last week and didn't notice Mont Vernon specifically, but I DID notice that the Orient area is growing by leaps and bounds. I hadn't been over there in a couple of years, so I was quite surprised at how much has been built up over there recently.<BR><BR>It seems that I've heard Mont Vernon Hotel is still in business, but I can't be certain. Maybe you could do a search on the web for it. Try searching directly, or visit some of the St. Maarten sites.<BR><BR>Good luck.<BR>

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Chris

Louise,<BR><BR>Try this link:<BR><BR>http://www.traveltalkonline.com/wwwthreads/wwwthreads.pl<BR><BR>There are alot of people that are SXM saavy and could better advise you.

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 10:24 AM
anon

http://caribbean.wheretostay.com/property/296.html

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 10:28 AM
louise

Thanks folks . It is called Blue Bay Resort Mt Vernon. Anyone stayed here recently? I may do another post with same question. Thank you!

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 10:42 AM
Statia

I was wondering if it might be Blue Bay now. I have some family members that stayed there a couple of years ago and we met them for the day. Their room was very nice and the property seemed nice, too.<BR><BR>I'd recommend it, as they were happy there and I liked what I saw.<BR><BR><BR>

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 10:45 AM
sxmfan

It's not Blue Bay anymore...it's back to Mont Vernon Resort. <BR><BR>