Reload this Page >

Monarch, Holiday, Destiny?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 02:21 PM
Yael

We are planning our first cruise and are <BR>thinking of going in September. Is this an <BR>ok time to go? We want a Southern Caribbean <BR>cruise and saw that the Monarch of the Seas <BR>has a nice itinerary. Has anyone been on any <BR>of these ships? What do you recommend for <BR>a 7 day cruise in the Southern Caribbean? <BR>Thanks!

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 04:19 AM
Nan

Saw a bunch of cruises at good prices when I went to http://www.travelunlimited.com

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 04:49 AM
Eileen

We are going on the Monarch on Sunday and considered the same three ships. Also a first-time cruise. Decided on the Monarch because the ports were very important to us and we only wanted one day at sea. We also got the best deal on the Monarch. E-mail me after 7/29 and I will be happy to give you a report.

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 10:06 AM
Yael

Thanks Eileen, I will do that. You got <BR>better deals on the Monarch? I thought <BR>Carnival gave the biggest discounts? <BR>I heard the Carnival Holiday is an old <BR>ship, so I will avoid that one. <BR>Have a great time!

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 05:20 AM
Eileen

For the week we are going, the complete price (including airfare) on the Monarch was about $400 less per person for the lowest category guarantee. The Destiny is newer, larger and glitzier(sp?) so I guess that's why it is more expensive.

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 12:32 PM
Yael

We just booked the same cruise as you for the Spet 2 week. Let me know which excursions were good