Modesty in Negril

Aug 28th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Modesty in Negril

I am planning to stay in the Rockhouse Hotel in April 05, and am a bit prudish about nudity. I had read several people comment there were naked jumpers at the nearby Pickled Parrot. I read the Rockhouse had since built over that, but in general, are there people that bathe or go around nude/topless in Negril? Is April during Spring Break? Is a rental car needed? Thanks for any help! By the way...for anyone also planning a trip there...the new site www.mobissimo.com searches 150 travel sites-I found a fare for $509 which is the cheapest I've seen yet for that month.
Aug 28th, 2004, 02:48 PM

We were in Negril in May. We stayed at Beaches Negril but did walk down the beach away from the resort. I saw 1 topless woman & my 2 kids (23 & 17, boy & girl)never noticed. If you go around Hedonism then you'll see more nudity on the clothing optional side. We watched cliff jumpers at Pirate's Cave & all were clothed. Try posting at the www.negril.com message board. There are many locals & longtime visitors that post there so you will get a true picture.

I believe that Spring Break is in March so hope you will miss that crowd. The bad thing is that lobster season is closed starting April 1st, I believe. Nothing is better than 3 Dives grilled lobster while watching the sunset.

Don't rent a car. The driving is unreal!! Take a taxi & if you want a tour get in touch with Soloman Kerr at Talk of the Town Tours. He has a website & his wife, Sienna, is from the US. They were wonderful when we used them. Their prices were great & they helped us haggle while shopping. A big plus is that their van has airconditioning!

Also check out http://www.tropictravelonline.com/cg...ategory=100562

Those are our pictures from our trip. A few are of the resort but many are of Negril itself.
Have a great trip!
Aug 28th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, Benj-your pictures were absolutely beautiful. They gave me something to look forward to!
Aug 28th, 2004, 08:20 PM

That week is spring break for grade school, not college. Atlanta has spring break that week. But, the rockhouse doesn't cater to kids, right? You won't see too much nudity. But, it depends on where you walk, etc. Also, many will sunbath topless, but put their tops on to walk around so your really don't notice that much. I just came back from Punta Cana with my husband for our 20th anniversary and I was really concerned because I thought the topless bathing (there is even more there) may be a distraction. But, honesty it was done in such a way that I was suprised how easy it was to overlook. HAVE FUN!
Aug 30th, 2004, 06:23 AM

You will most likely see topless sunbathers at the Rockhouse, and possibly some thongs (owners are Aussies, I believe, and while we were there, the Aussies seemed to be those letting it hang out).

All we could think of was the atomic wedgie one would get jumping off the cliffs in a thong!

The naked jumpers are so far away there's not much detail to be seen--we got a laugh out of them.

Early April could well be spring break for some universites, but the spring break scene is likely on the beach (around Margaritaville, maybe?) and not the cliffs.

HTH,
Racy
Aug 30th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again, to all of you...! It'll be our 6 year anniversary, and I feel a lot better knowing the distraction ratio won't be quite as high as I thought it might be!