Reload this Page >

MoBay to Negril - Drive or Fly???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 1998, 02:54 PM
Sienna

To get to Negril from Montego Bay airport, is it better to pay for the extra flight into Negril, instead of taking the bus provided by the resort (Sandals)? I have heard horror stories about the roads and the drivers, etc. Can anyone give me any first-hand info.? Thanks.

Old Jul 17th, 1998, 03:01 PM
Andrea

Go to the Negril website and post your querry there. I thought I already saw a post at that site on this same question. www.negril.com

Old Jul 18th, 1998, 04:01 AM
Michel

Personally, I enjoy the ride by bus from Montego Bay to Negril.

Old Jul 19th, 1998, 03:20 PM
Cassie

I have done both and would ask you a question back-what is more important, time or money? The bus ride is 1 1/2 - 2 hours, very scenic and already included in your price. Yes the roads aren't 4 lane superhighways but it will give you a chance to see the rest of Jamaica, that you won't see once you get to Sandals. However, if you really just want to get to the resort, the plane ride is only about 15 minutes, was about $50 one way the last time I took it [maybe 4 years ago], and the Negril airport is only 15 minutes by cab from Sandals. Don't know how long the layover might be in Mo Bay. Actually my favorite way to do this is take the bus TO the resort as an unwind from the travel, and take the plane BACK to MoBay so that you get to stay at the resort for the maximum amount of time before you go home [because they will schedule your bus to arrive at least 1-2 hours BEFORE your plane leaves and again the ride is 1 1/2 hours so you leave the resort 3-4 hours before your scheduled departure].

Old Jul 21st, 1998, 06:38 AM
Pat

Personally I prefer to fly to Negril.Tim Air <BR>and Air Negril both provide charter service. <BR>Price currently is $60.00 per person on way <BR>or $120.00 R/T. <BR> <BR>Both provide great service. THey meet you at the airport and provife transportation (5 minute ride) <BR>to the samll plane terminal adjacent to the <BR>large terminal. <BR> <BR>They depart when you choose. We usually pause <BR>after arrival, have a couple of cold Red Stripes <BR>and couple of cigarets and then let the pilot <BR>know we are ready to go. <BR> <BR>The previous posting is correct when mentioning that <BR>by returning by air you get to stay at the resort. <BR>THe return bus will depart 1 1/2 to 2 hrs prior <BR>to your check-in time for your flight. <BR> <BR>We had a 5pm flight back and Tim Air picked us up <BR>in Negril at 3 pm. Got to MoBay in plenty of time <BR>to check in, Bus would have left at 1pm. <BR> <BR>Enjoy. <BR> <BR>P.S. Air Negril has a web site. I can provide <BR>Tim Air's phone if desired