Search

Marriott's Aruba Surf Club

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2004, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club

Hi!

Heading to Aruba on our honeymoon in Oct 2004 and was wondering if anyone has recently stayed at the Marriott's Aruba Surf Club.

Thank you!

Mary
Old Mar 21st, 2004, 11:20 AM

Hi Mary - I don't think the Surf Club is open yet. I believe it's due to open July 1st (remember reading that somewhere). The pictures I've seen of it so far are lovely. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals!
Old Mar 21st, 2004, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Hi!

Thank you! We're very excited about the wedding! Thank you for your response! Must be why I can't find reviews on it anywhere!!!
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 05:54 AM

If you go to this website
www.vacationclub.com/en-us/ vc/resorts/AC/aboutresort.asp it will have pictures and stuff about the resort. If that does not work google search marriott surf club and the website will come up as the first choice. Also, arubabound.com and aruba-bb.com are good as well. Have fun, I will be there in two weeks!!
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 11:58 AM

Just returned from Aruba this morning. Did not stay at the surf club, but walked down the beach and checked out the property. I personally would prefer to stay at one of the other Marriotts on Palm Beach. The surf club is right behind the docks (instead of a swimming beach). It's a short walk to a swimable beach, but if all other factors were the same I would recommend one of the other Marriotts next door.
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 03:20 PM

I agree w/ the last poster - the Surf Club does not have much of a "Beach" - they have palaps set up, but it's behind a marina, so you'll have to walk next door to the Marriott Ocean Club to have a beach in front of you - or you can rent a palapa in front of the ocean club when you go down on the beach - they'll probably have more beach services in front of it by then, anyway, shorter walk to a beach bar. Have a nice honeymoon. (by the way, the rooms are lovely, identical to the ocean club and decorated in caribbean fabrics).