Search

Margarita

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 06:44 AM
Pat

Margarita

Message: My wife and I are going to Lagunamar, Margarita for 2 weeks in June. Any information that will help make my holiday more enjoyable is very welcome. I know very little about the place except what I got on the net.<BR><BR>

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 07:38 AM
anon

We stayed there several years ago. I would make sure I had a good command of the Spanish language, make sure I stayed away from Servavenza Airlines.<BR><BR>When we were there it was a fairly nice complex. Lots of pools. The rooms were very musty smelling and the beach was a long way from the pool area. The beach wasn't that nice either. It was cheap to eat there.<BR><BR>Good luck, we really didn't like the place or the island at all. We had heard so much about it for so long we couldn't wait to get there. I hope you have a much better experience than we did.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 07:59 AM
jamaicajim

We stayed at the Diamond Dunes (Allegro at the time owned it) and had a terrific time. It is not as popular with North Americans as some of the other islands but that is what attracted us to it. We try to go to places where it is NOT like home (US).<BR><BR>You should try to make sure you know at least rudimentary Spanish as it is not as common as other places. However, we were able to get along on what I remembered from high school Spanish class. Cervesa, Cuba Libra, and El Bano were very handy. <BR><BR>If you are up for an adventure, I would HIGHLY recommend the day trip to Angel Falls. It's a once in a lifetime trip to trek part of the Amazon. Not very strenuous and you get to see some amazing sights.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 12:11 PM
marym

My sister, who I would say is a somewhat extensive traveler, had a great time there. Quite often a trip is what you make of it including who you go with.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 12:51 PM
i travel too

Mary, I too have had some nasty trips. It's best not to be judgemental when you don't have all the facts.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 12:56 PM
mary

Note to i travel too: Now how was I being judgemental? And I never did claim to have all the "facts." I was simply stating that while one person hated it, another person loved it.<BR><BR>Wow! You can't say nothing on this board anymore with someone searching for anything they can to attack you on. Some people on this board just seem to live for that. Very sad indeed.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 03:39 PM
anon

...a trip is what you make of it including who are with...give me a break. Sometimes you just can't make lemonade out of those lemons no matter how hard you try and no matter who you're with. Like the other poster said, best get the facts first, maam.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 03:41 PM
anon

We too have had trips go to hell really fast and managed to have a decent time in spite of it all, but that doesn't mean I would recommend people take the same trip or stay in the same hotel. Nor would I ever go there and do it again.