Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Luxury hotel/resort in Carbbean with nursery or creche and kids club (18m old & 4 yr old) ?

Search

Luxury hotel/resort in Carbbean with nursery or creche and kids club (18m old & 4 yr old) ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any advice ? We want a special upscale place with no real limit in funds but need 1. nursery for the 18m old for part of the day and 2. a kids club for the 4 yr old. Good cuisine also a plus. We have read about Almond Beach Village on Barbados but does anyone else have a view or suggestion ? The vast majority of the best places in the Carib are obviously and understandably not child focused. Not interested in Bermuda. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old Nov 18th, 2007, 07:16 PM

My friends with kids are in love with Beaches Resorts, especially the one in Providenciales, and I also heard that Westin and Caneel Bay resorts on St John, USVI, offer villa accomodations, and are very kid friendly. Check out their websites.
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 02:52 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. Caneel Bay and the westin St John do look good, but have the childrens programs start at age 3. Ideally (hah!) I am looking for something that has a nursery program for the younger ones. Beaches seem to polarise people. The reveiews of other Beaches places on this fodors.com site have some very very bad feedback posted. Makes me worried
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 04:18 AM

Actually Caneel does offer a nanny service on a 1:1 for infants while Turtle Town is for the older children. I believe that they work with a private company to arrange the nanny's hours and pay. They at one time limited their occupancy to three guests in a room so you'd have to check with them how they might work that with two children - the only experience I've seeen there is taking your nanny with you and having her stay in a second room with the children.
I am sure that nannies can be hired at many of the other higher end resorts if you communciate with them and some resorts such as Little Dix offers an additional room for half price and all the junior suites have connecting rooms.
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 04:43 AM

grace Bay Club in turks and Caicos.
Old Nov 21st, 2007, 09:11 AM

Actually, there are loads of child-friendly places in the Caribbean. I really like Almond Beach Village, but it's not what I'd consider particularly upscale. It's certainly nice, but we're not talking Coral Reef Club or anything like that. But it's a good choice. There are other Almond resorts on both Barbados and St. Lucia, and most are very family-friendly, and the food is pretty good.

In Jamaica, you can even get baby-sitting at Round Hill, but I don't know if there are organized kids programs; it's a great resort, though. FDR Resort in Runaway Bay assigns you a private nanny for the duration of your stay, which is about as child-friendly as you can get.

Many of the Beaches resorts are quite nice, but I think the nicest is in Negril.

But most children's programs start at 3 because they want the kids to be potty trained. So the ones that offer true infant care are few and far between.
Old Nov 25th, 2007, 02:39 PM

Little Dix in Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands has childrens programs and child care.