luxury caribbean resort with golf

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2004, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for ideas to celebrate my 50th birthday in the Caribbean. Golf is a requirement.
Old Oct 23rd, 2004, 09:10 AM
Sunnyboy

Four Seasons, Nevis
Sandy Lane, Barbados
Raffles, Canouan
Casa De Campo, Dominican Republic

If you want to play a variety of courses during your stay consider going to Puerto Rico where you have a choice of a host of resorts that have full golfing facilities. It's a golfer's mecca.

Old Oct 23rd, 2004, 09:53 AM

Agree with Sunnyboy, those are all top notch golf resorts. I can only add, also on Barbados is the Royal Westmorland course. There are also several great golf courses in Bermuda and also check out Mt. Irvine on Tobago and the Provo Golf Club on Providenciales, Turks & Caicos.
Old Oct 23rd, 2004, 01:36 PM

Also consider the Four Seasons in Exuma (Bahamas, not Caribbean)and the Ritz in Jamaica. While Provo does have a golf course, IMO it is not in the same caliber as the other properties/destinations mentioned above.
Old Oct 23rd, 2004, 04:32 PM

Travbabe,
I agree Provo Golf Club is not quite the same as other locations mentioned. It certainly isn't as lush. I've played it, its basically flat and tight and off the fairway is sand, firm sand. It has a different level of difficulty. My favorites have been Sandy Lane, Barbados and Mt Irvine, Tobago.
Old Oct 24th, 2004, 05:24 AM

The Ritz-Carlton/east of Montego Bay with golf at The White Witch or a private villa at Tryall, west of MoBay with golf at the Tryall championship links. Both are the best courses on island; the standard of accomodation
at either resort would be spot-on for
celebration a 50th.
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 06:29 AM

My husband and I just returned from Casa de Campo with a large group (13 couples) that was celebrating a 50th! It was fabulous! Most of us are golfers and the courses are amazing!! Teeth of the Dog is just gorgeous and Dye Fore which is newly opened is fantastic!!! The views are out of this world. There are so many things to do that everyone had a blast--some went horseback riding and took polo lessons! We had a fantastic beach party one night and went to their "city" Altos de Chavon for dinner two nights (by shuttle bus) which was great. We all rented "touring" carts for our stay--golf carts with another seat in the back and that is highly recommended (xtra $29/day). The resort is so huge this makes it easier to get around and more fun (other golf carts are for the course and we all took caddies which are well worth it and fun to have). We had the all-inclusive package and we were very happy with the food.

Happy 50th and good luck in your search!